Chapter 19

Chapter 19: The Vault

Adeline Mills

To say I was in a panic, could be underestimated

It was the second day of the third challenge. I sat at the tiny table in Tink's small home while staring blankly at my cup of tea.

"Tired?"

"Terribly." I stated plainly. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes in desperation.

"You do know, I can take you to Baelfires cave, right?" She asked. I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"That's not the problem. The problem is the time limit I have. Pan is coming tomorrow at night to recieve me. I won't be able to go to the cave, get the things I need, and then get back in time. It's impossible!" I snapped in defeat. Tink huffed.

"Well with that attitude, you aren't going to get anything done." She snapped back.

"Listen, when Pan comes to get me, he promised I would be able to go home for three days."

"That's great! While you do so, you could tell your mom and dad to protect you!" Tink cheered. I smiled softly and shook my head.

"It's not as easy as it seems. I'm pretty sure he isn't stupid enough to send me off without some sort of restriction."

"Well, when you come back-"

"When I come back, Pan will surely keep a closer eye on me. I won't be able to leave camp." I said, cutting off Tinkerbelle. She stayed silent, not knowing what to say anymore. I let out a deep breath and stood up.

"Tink, as much as I appreciate the hospitality, I prefer to be out there. Don't want to take my chances of Pan finding out you have been helping me. I'm pretty sure this doesn't count as survival." I said and grabbed my cloak and bag. She nodded and lifted up a finger.

"Hold on, I got something for you." She walked away, searching through a pile of papers. Once she found a perfectly rolled up one, she turned to me and gave a sly smile.

"This is a map of Neverland. It shows all. Trust me, it will guide you to where you need to go when you need to go." She said in a low voice. I took the map and nodded.

"Thank you again, Tink. I'll see you around." I said and turned to walk out the door.

"Yes, this isn't the last time we cross ways, Adeline Mills. I wish you the best of luck."

~

"If Tink's home is here... and we're in the Dark Jungle... and I wanna get to Baelfire's Cave... it will probably take me.... 1-2 days... Or more." I said to myself as I examined the map Tink had given me. I frowned as I noticed that Baelfire's cave was across the island to where I was. I would never make it in time. It wasn't even in the Dark Jungle. If I want to pass Orientation, I couldn't leave the jungle. I scowled as I realized it was hopeless.

"Fucking hell!" I screamed and threw my papers on the floor in frusteration. I groaned and took out my compass again. It spun around until it pointed North. I huffed and looked at the map again.

"Okay, if I want to get to the North Mountain... oh wait, I can't leave the Dark Jungle... ok nevermind.... wait what about... no... okay how about here!" I exclaimed as I pointed to a smug on the paper. I squinted and read aloud,

Dark One's Vault

What the...

Dark One's Vault?

No, impossible...

The Dark One's Vault is in the Enchanted Forest... I have seen it with my own bloody eyes!

I felt panic rising in me and I quickly yanked out my Neverland book and began rapidly turning pages. I finally reach the chapter that terrified me.

Neverlands Secrets
~Chapter 8: Dark One's Vault~

Years and years ago, before there was even living life on the island, the first Dark One was born. When the Dark One was born, it threw off the balance of the realms. So, the island created another source of magic to keep the balance of the worlds. Thus the Pure One was created. In the meadow, on the east side of the island, tucked in the ruins of Pixie Hollow, lies the Pure One's vault. In the Dark Jungle, protected by the venomous Dark Waters, is the Dark One's original Vault.

The vault is surrounded by poisonous waters. Touch a single drop, and your bones diminish. The water surrounds the entire vault and only a thin piece of dry land has access to the vault. Its challenging to get across and many had died at the hand of the waters.

The vault protected the ruins of the past Dark Ones. When a Dark One dies, the one who killed him/her, becomes the next Dark One. And when the next person has killed the previous person, he or she is transported to Dark One's Vault on Neverland. Once on Neverland, the island grants the new Dark One a dagger, as the only thing that could kill them.

And thus the darkness found its home on Neverland.

Interesting...

That means Rumple has been here before. That means he has probably met Peter Pan. Sure, everyone in the realms knows who he is, as the bastard who rules over all, but maybe Rumple knows something that the rest of us don't. He is hiding something, just like the bloody squid ink. That liquid can't be made by hand, it can only be found. But he found a way to make it. He had to have some sort of source. Squid ink can only be found in the waters of Neverland. So how does he know so much about it?

I looked up to the sky and saw it was dark. I groaned as I stood up and placed my things away.

I began to walk back the way I came from. The familiar tree house came into sight and the blonde girl caught sight of me and grinned.

"Back so soon?"

"Change of plans. The game has been reset."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean we have a traitor on our side."