Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Felix Helps Out

Adeline Mills

"I'm glad you see it my way, Adeline." Pan said as I walked to the middle of the clearing. I glared at him.

"Well, seeing the options you gave me it was either, 'pass all this and see your family one last time', or, 'fail, be put in a cage and remove all my wonderful memories.' How lovely!" I said, every word dripped in sarcasm.
He chuckled and ran his tongue over his lips. I didn't break my glare.

"Well then, it seems you should begin practicing, love. If you plan on passing everything, I suggest you begin training at once. I'll give you three days for your training. Use whatever you like that's around here. Unless, you want my help..."

"No, no. I'm fine." I said, raising my voice a little. He smirked and began to walk away but snapped his fingers and turned back to face me on his heels.

"Almost forgot." He said and threw his hand down, making the leather cuff appear. I frowned at the sight. He noticed and chuckled.

"Its part of the deal, love." He said, mocking me. I glared and walked quickly to him and harshly stuck out my hand, waiting for him to stick on the dreaded thing. He smirked and gently grabbed my arm and slipped the cuff on. His fingers lingered on my bare skin more than they should have and I shivered.

And not in the good way.

"Now love, remember: If you need anything just ask. I know it will be difficult for you so-"

"Wait, why would it be difficult?" I asked, cutting him off.

"Because you're a princess."

"Uh, so?"

"Darling, with all due respect towards my future queen, you don't exactly seem like the type to get your hands dirty." I frowned at him and he raised an eyebrow.

"So... you think just because I was born and raised in a castle, that I don't know how to handle myself?" I questioned, getting my facts straight. He gave a small nod and I scoffed with a little amusement in my actions.

"You do know I'm the daughter of Robin Hood, right? Never misses a target with a bow and arrow." I said slowly and Pan rolled his eyes.

"That means nothing love. But I'll humor you and say, sure. You will do great on your own. Carry on with your training now, my love. Three days will pass by quicker than it seems." He finished with a smirk and he walked away, back down the small dirt path that led to the main camp. I huffed and looked to my surrondings. Different weapons were everywhere.

"Ok, ok, lets do this."

~

"Not bad. For a princess." Felix admired as he watched me work a bow and arrows. I glanceed at him and turned back to the targets, placing another arrow on my bow and already aiming.

"Insult or compliment?" I asked as I let the arrow go and it went straight nfor the bullseye. He chuckled.

"A little bit of both, princess." I tried to ignore him again and grabbed another arrow. I aligned my hand with the bow and steadily held the arrow tight in its place. I let out a deep breath and let the arrow go, resulting in the arrow going through the previous arrow, completely breaking it in half. I smiled victoriously when I realized I pulled off a Merida. Felix lightly clapped and I turned to him, with a small smirk playing on my lips.

"Well I'll be damned." He spoke softly. I giggled quietly and placed the bow down.

"But can you sword fight?" I stiffened at Felixs' words. I was never good at sword fighting. Hell, when Killian tried to teach me, he told me I looked like a penguin with a broken leg.

"I'm not very good at that." I saylid with shame. Felix chuckled and handed me a newly sharpened silver sword.

"Alright then. If you let me, I could teach you..." He said and dragged on. I raised an eyebrow but sighed, knowing I couldn't do it alone. I knew that if I wanted to go home for three days, I would need to be able to use a sword. And who better to teach me than Felix?

"Alright boy. Alright. Can you teach me?" I asked. He grinned and nodded slightly.

"Thought you'd never ask, princess."

~

"Oh god, now I see why you shouldn't sword fight! Your legs are pointing the wrong way! Look, if I do this, and then that, you would fall and I would win because of your pathetic excuse of leg stance!" He shouted. I growled at him, not liking his choice of words. Felix showed me what he was referring to and in the end, I ended up on the dirty floor on my back.

"Bloody hell..." I choked out. My back was in complete pain. Felix huffed in annoyance and defeat.

"It's literally impossible to teach you to use a sword. Alright, look, you have 3 freebies; you don't have to pass the sword fighting part, but you better pass all the other ones. Because at the rate you are going at, you will probably never be able to beat someone down in a sword fight."
He said. I looked at the floor, annoyed I had failed at something, but nod in agreement.

"Ok then."

"Good. Now on the fighting part..."

~

"Each boy is different. The way Pan does it, he will line the boys up and it will go from easier to hardest, with him being the last one." Felix began as he and I sat on a log back at camp. It was free time, and Felix had been generous enough to tell me the little quirks and weaknesses of all the lost boys that he could. I sat across from him, taking notes in my notebook.

"Take Slightly, for instance. He has a weak ankle. Hit that once, and he goes tumbling to the ground." Felix informed and I nodded before writing it down.

Slightly: Weak ankles

"Cubby isn't exactly strong. He uses his weight as a defense mechanism. So he will probably try to sit on you." I frowned and scribbled sloppy words down.

Cubby: Uses weight as weapon

"But over all, Addy, you have the biggest weapon over all of us." Felix said as he continued to sharpen a wooden stick. I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"What weapon?" I asked, still comfused. He chuckled lowly.

"Just the fact that you are a girl, and not a bad looking one, is enough of a weapon. Use that to your advantage." He said and stood up, and walked back to camp. I stayed there dumbfounded. Just because I'm a girl? Huh, fancy that. It seems like I do have the biggest weapon against a male.

Boobs.