38

"baby!" I shrieked, giggling as the water splashed me. nate chuckled and sat back in the chair properly again. he wanted to go purple, so I went pink to match. my hair was resting in a wet bun but I was washing out Nate's fresh purple tinted hair.

I got it all out and then stepped away, drying my hands. "you're going to have to wait to really see a difference." Nate nodded and dried off his hair quickly. it wasn't all dry but he still looked hot.

"thanks for being weird with me." Nate said quietly, cupping my cheeks and pressing his lips to mine. we kissed softly for a few moments before I pulled away.

my arms slowly wrapped around his torso.

"anytime." Nate smiled but after a second, he smirked. "how about that punishment?"

--

what to do, what to do.

Nate and all the squad was at a huge party. I didn't go, mostly because I think it was with Kylie Jenner. I did not want to crash her party, that would be horrifying.

well the only thing I really wanted was Chinese food. Chinese food and ice cream. weird right? yeah, I call those my period appetite hunger bubbles.

it was only nine something, they still should be open. my lazy ass got up, grabbing my keys and a pair of flip flops. good thing I painted my toes.

it wasn't long until I stopped at Panda Express. I got out and walked up, entering the cool restaurant. they close at 10, and it's only nine thirty.

"hi can I have a two entree to go, chow mien, and then mushroom chicken and black pepper chicken." the lady fixed my food, put it in a bag, with a chocolate chip cookie and a fortune cookie. I smiled and left, crossing the road to get to my car.

when I came to the drivers side, I noticed a note on my windshield.

my dear perfect,

roses are red,
violets are blue,
your boobs are big,
this doesn't rhyme.
I do not care

~S

I laughed out loud, looking around but finding no one. the note came in with me and I put it under the clip on my visor. it was funny.

I set my food in the passenger seat and pulled out of the parking lot. now it was ice cream.

I had to go to Baskin robins for some cotton candy ice cream. it was my favorite for days like this.

twenty minutes later I was on my roof, sitting on a blanket while I wined and dined. except I dined with a can of Mountain Dew kickstart. my phone rested beside me and played panic at the disco, their newest album.

after an hour of watching the moon raise higher into the sky, I lit up the joint I had beside me.

"cheers to life buddy." I said aloud, raising my joint to the sky and then taking a hit.

beside me my phone decided to start whining. my first instinct was reaching over and chucking it off the mother fucking roof. but I turned it off instead. no talky talky right now.

I crawled into my own bed at 2:59, plugging my phone into the charger as it turned on. I didn't bother looking at any notifications, just let them all pile up.

my phone began buzzing uncontrollably around 4:20, coincidence because my phone was actually near a package of hemp papers.

my hand snatched the metal. Nate was calling me.

"yeah?"

"I made a mistake." he said in a scratchy tone. "I made a mistake, baby. and I don't know if I can fix it." he sniffled and then I heard a big thump. he hit something.

I sat up slowly, "Nate what happened?" my instant thought was a movie scene. the guy called his girlfriend saying that after he was already two states away on the run. the guy had killed a man. but Nate wouldn't do that?

I heard Nate sniffle again and his hand hit something else. "come over." I said softly. the line went silent. a car door shut and then my door was being opened. he always did that, show up early for that dramatic effect.

within a minute Nate stepped into my room. he locked eyes with me and I saw them water up. he dropped to his knees in front of me and laid his head on my lap.

"I fucked up, al. I messed up." sympathy fell over me and I reached forward, placing my hand in his hair. my fingers slowly ran through it before resting on the nape of his neck.

"Nate, baby, tell me what happened." with that he let out a sob. my boyfriend was crying and I had no idea what to do. he bit down on my sweatpants before lifting his head. he pushed himself from me and tried looking me in the eyes.

he opened his mouth to talk but shut it. "I love you. I love you so fucking much for these few months I've been with you. but last night, last night I cheated on you." my eyes widened. "I didn't fuck her. I don't think I did. I don't know I was so fucked up. I blacked out for the longest time and then my memory sparks back up right as she was coming up for a kiss." his face found his hands.

"I pushed her off and left. I've been spending the last two hours trying to find out how it happened, what all we did, but I just don't remember." I was speechless.

what do you say to that?

A/N:: i just want to take a second to give a shout out to one of my friends. jacob you will be truly missed 💜 i only hung out with you once, and that's when you were dating my best friend. we smoked and you were so nice even tho i passed the fuck out afterwards. i hope you rest in peace, see you in the next life 💖