16

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favorite
song

You go ahead, let your hair down

--

Nates Pov

"Clara, look." I placed my hands on her shoulders. She frowned and sat back, taking her hand and putting it over her exposed breasts.

"Baby? What's wrong? Don't you want me?" She took a hand in hers and brought it to her chest, making me grab her. I stayed still for a minute, kinda stunned.

"No, no, no!" I said, pulling my hand away and got up off her bed. "We're done. This thing we have, it's done. You were a fling and now it's our time to give it up." A sigh floated through my lips. She gasped and turned to face me.

"Goodbye, Clara." I walked to the door and stepped out, going directly to my car. When I was in, my first move was pulling my phone out. I dialed Alessandras number.

"Hello?" She answered. Her voice was a mix of tired, sad and annoyed.

"Hi babygirl. Are you still at the hospital?"

"Yeah." I tried to make small talk while I pulled out and drove to the hospital, but she was so out of it.

"I'll see you in a bit." I mumbled, hoping she'll reply happily.

"Okay, Nathan." Then she hung up.

When the hospital was in front of my face and I was passing through the doors, I got nervous. What was I going to say to her? How is she going to react?

Sammys floor came too soon and I approached his door. She was sitting in there, sitting on the couch, her eyes closed. I walked in, shutting the door quietly. It still woke her up.

"Hi." She said softly, stretching and sitting up.

"Hi." I replied, going over to sit with her. "I did it. No feelings intended," partially a lie, "you're my one and only now." She smiled with that. I cupped her face and kissed her, hard and long like she deserves.

I pulled away after minutes of this kiss and rested my forehead on hers. "Come on baby. You haven't slept in a proper bed. Come home with me." Al contemplated this answer, looking from Sammy to me. Then nodded.

"Okay, yeah." She pushed herself up and stretched her hand out for me. I took it and entwined our fingers, walking us out to my car.

It took us less than twenty minutes to get back home. Al fell asleep in the passenger seat, so I went around and got her out. We got into my house smoothly and upstairs into bed also smoothly.

Alessandra curled up in the sheets going fully back to sleep. I took off my shirt and my shoes, then my pants and crawled in beside her. My body was close to hers and I had a hand in her hair.

"Goodnight." I whispered, kissing her head. "I'm sorry you saw what happened. But it's all over. I'm going to treasure your body like it's supposed to be. I'm going to treasure you like you deserve to be." I kissed her head again. My fingers ran through her hair softly.

"Goodnight babygirl."