9

Get on your knees, get on your knees, get on your knees

Baby, just get on your knees

Say pretty please, say pretty please, say pretty please

Baby, just say pretty please

--

Boys night.

Today was a solid two weeks since the night I met Becca. She's actually a cool girl and we've been hanging out a lot.

But she left to go back home for a bit and Nate is gone doing god knows what. JJ can't be busy..

I put on a sports bra and a pair of excersize leggings. My hair was already in a bun so all I had to do was put on shoes and leave.

On me was cash, my phone charger, a blanket and obviously my phone. I hopped in and raced over there.

When I got there, I immediately noticed the amount of cars parked in his driveway. It was a risk going up there, and I didn't. Who knows what kind of fun they're having up there. I'm not going to crash it.

So I roared off down the road, pulling in the parking lot to the park. Tonight was cool, yet warm. So I got out with my blanket, my phone and sat on the hood of my car. The blanket wrapped around me tightly as I laid down, fiddling with my phone so it played The Neighbourhood softly.

An hour flew by, me and myself singing to the music. A car drove up beside me. Immediately my heart rate picked up and I sat up, cautious of still being here. It's almost 12:30 in the morning, who is at the damn park besides me?

A guy came out of the drivers door, slamming it and walking quickly over to the nearest tree. He put his hands on it and I watched as his knuckles turned white. His head lowered and rested on the bark, once, twice, until he pulled away and punched it.

The boy growled and punched the tree two more times. "Hey." I spoke up. He turned towards me with a surprised look.

"I'm sorry I didn't see you." He apologized, backing away. He held his bleeding hand up, his arm shaking hard. His eyes widened as he stared at his bloody fist.

"Are you okay? Not just your hand. You." He boy with the shaggy brown hair just shrugged. He slowly walked closer so he was leaning against his own car.

"I-I don't know. I'm just so angry. He-he was hurting her and I- she wouldn't let me help. It was horrible. She told me over and over, that when it happens, I have to turn around and walk away. I can't help her." The boys voice cracked as he looked down. "She won't let me." Then he started crying.

I felt my heart crush for this boy. "Who's her? Why won't she let you help her?" He shook his head and buried it further in his hands.

"My mom. He's beating her. She's not doing anything about it! He can't do that!" His tone was so angry, so vulnerable. I felt bad.

"No he can't." I agreed. He only lowered his head. We sat in silence for god only knows how long. I sat in my blanket, fiddling with the fabric while he calmed down. It felt about 30 minutes later when he stood up. He walked to his car and got in, peeling out with a squeal and zooming off. 

Well that was weird.

"Who was that?" Now that made me scream. I yelled out and jumped off the hood of my car, backing away. But when I looked up, it was the familiar face of Nate.

"What the fuck!" I gasped, feeling my heart exploding from my chest. Nate chuckled and walked around to me.

"I'm sorry babygirl." He took me into a hug and pulled my body against his. I held onto his arm as I calmed down.

"You scared the shit out of me, Nate."

"You've been calling me by my name a lot. Why's that baby?" Nate pushed his feet out and leaned against my car, bringing me with him. My head rested on his shoulder.

"I don't know. I like your name." I raised my hand and put it on his chest. Nate smiled and laid a kiss on my head.

"Say it again."

"Nate Maloley."