~Chapter Forty~

Harry's P.O.V

I look at Katie, not saying another word due to her snapping at me. I walk out of the hospital and head toward our car, Katie trailing behind. Once at the car, I unlock the door and get in, grabbing the folder of all of his information. I look through it and find his home phone number. I look for the address and find that as well. Once I find everything I needed, I put the address in the GPS and head toward his house.

"Where are we going?" Katie asks me, confused as to where we were obviously heading. She looks over at me, but I stay quiet and continue driving. It was about a ten minute drive when we arrived at their house, I turn the ignition off and get out of the car. I grab my wallet and go to the door, knocking. Standing there, I take in the scenery of their home; it was a really gorgeous house.

I step backward as someone opens the door and looks at me. "Yes?" the voice asks. I look at them and take out my police badge, showing them.

"I'm Officer Harry and I wanted to tell your family something and maybe get a few answers out of you if you're alright with that," I explain and look over my shoulder at the police car. Katie was still in the vehicle, giving me a look. I turn back around and focus on the Brookes.

"Oh, hello... I'm Linda Brookes, George's mum. Please come in," she greets and moves off to the side. I smile at her and step inside the residence, looking around the place. "Please make yourself comfortable," she adds on and closes the door. I thank her and then follow her to the dining room. I take a seat and she sits across from me. One by one a few more of his family members joined us. I learned their names and they learned mine.

"Alright, to start things off, I wanted to apologise in person about the loss of your son, brother, uncle, etc. I am very sorry for your loss and I am going to pay for his funeral and any other need. I am not going to budge easily, so don't try persuading me," I chuckle and earn a chuckle from them.

"Oh, Officer, you don't have to do that...." Linda speaks and looks at her husband. He takes her hands and rubs his thumb across the skin. "We can afford it, I promise. No need for paying everything for us..." She adds on and looks at me.

I shake my head and put my hand up, "Please, it's with my all due respect, that I pay for his funeral and other needs for this family. I will write a check out in a few moments. But ple-" I get interrupted as the door gets another knock. I stand up and excuse myself. I head over to the front door and open it, revealing Katie. "I figured you would be there," I laugh lightly and move to the side so she can come in. Once she is in the house, I close the door and lead her back to the dining room.

"This is my partner, Officer Katie," I introduce to all of the Brookes. They introduce themselves and Linda gets up to get another chair. "No, no. I'll stand, Katie take my seat," I smile and motion to the empty chair. She nods her head and sits down in my chair. I stand at the top of the table and take a deep breath.

"So I am not just here because I am paying for the funeral and stuff, but I am also here to ask questions so we can try and narrow down to only a few possible suspects," I explain and look between everyone.

They nod their heads and Katie takes out her notebook.

"So first things first, did George have any enemies or people he didn't get along with?" I ask and look at them. George's wife, Fiona, raises her hand and I point to her. "Go ahead, love," I speak.

"I know for a fact that he did not get along very well with.... What's his name?" She pauses and thinks about the name. "Ah! I think his name was David Fox?" She claims and nods her head.

I look to Katie and she writes it down. I then look toward George's sister, Rebecca. "Go ahead," I tell her and listen to her speak.

"He hadn't really gotten along with the police force, I believe it was your police force," She explains and bites her lip. I raise an eyebrow, curious to hear more. She takes a deep breath and starts speaking again, "He hasn't ever committed a crime, but he has always been that guy that goes and gets caught with people who were doing stupid things. He had an interference with one of the lads from your station, named Wesley," she continues. I nod my head and rub my jaw.