Entry#12: Devil Inside

"Lilee, are you okay?" asked Harren from the outside. I can fully sense the concern in his voice.

"Yes. I'm fi --", I tried to reply but was interrupted as I felt another surge of undigested food trying to come out from my mouth. Fck human food. Retching sounds filled the comfort room. Few minutes passed before I am fully assured that I won’t puke anymore. I quickly clean and fix myself before going out. I found Harren leaning on the wall beside the door.

            “Are you sure you’re okay now? Why did you throw up anyway?” I can still feel a tinge of worry in his words.

            I immediately composed a lie in my head. “Maybe because I was hungry and ate too much awhile ago.”

            “Just don’t starve yourself, okay? I’ll walk you home.” I nod then smile at him as a response.

            I’m a best liar. Harren can’t know the real reason. He doesn’t know what I am. He’ll be scared. He’ll leave me and I can’t bear it. He just can’t know.

            I’m Lilee Victor. And there’s a devil inside me.

            “I heard you vomited,” Clint said stopping me on my tracks. I turned to him. There’s a mocking smile plastered on his face. The moment I saw it, a simple thought crossed my mind, I have to erase his face.

            “Shut up,” I simply replied then continue walking to my room. I locked the doors, removed my shoes, and placed my bag on my study table then slumped myself on the bed. My head still aches due to vomiting. I closed my eyes trying to catch some sleep so the pain will ease.

            I was nearly to dozing off when continuously soft knocks on my door pulled me out of it.

            “Lilee,” a voice called.

            “Why? Come in.” I got up to unlock the door recognizing the voice was Clint’s.

            “Tito asked me to bring you this,” he said while placing a cup of coffee on my bedside table. He intently looked at me after. I just raised my eyebrow in return.

            He scoffed before talking; “I am completely aware that I’m not in the right position to tell you these things…” he stopped talking.

            “Fire away,” I said as a signal for him to continue.

            “You ate human food. It’s a poison… our poison.”

            “And what are you trying to imply?” I replied, trying to keep my cool.

            “Why do you keep on sticking with that human?” I look away from him having nothing to say.

            “What will you do when he learned about us? He will be scared to death, Lil. And he will hate you... curse you even! You kill member of his race! You kill humans!” Anger quickly reached me.

            “Shut up!” I shouted at him. With one swift move, I was able to push and pinned him back to the wall as I strangle him. I’m fuming mad and I know my eyes are now bloodshot red.

            “What? You’ll kill me? Go on.” There’s no trace of fear in his voice and his face. He stared at me blankly.

“You don’t know what you’re talking about. It won’t happen. He will understand. He will accept me. He’s different.” I said through gritted teeth.