Chapter 45

Hermione was seated on her chair, because Draco had told her that he hadn’t been sitting there when she was away. She had grabbed the cloak and sat down, looking at the past Draco who was seated on his chair. He looked so sad and that made Hermione want to give him a tight hug and tell him that everything would be okay. But she knew she couldn’t. She had watched him for days when he was in the common room. Looking at the fire or just staring at nothing in front of him. He hadn’t smiled one time, not one single time and that hurt Hermione.

Hermione took the cloak and walked slowly into the common room. Draco was still sleeping and she didn’t want to wake him as it was in the middle of the night. Then she saw the past Draco coming out of his room and walking towards the portrait hole. What is he going to do? Hermione softly followed him out of the common room into the corridor. He walked down the stairs and after a while they arrived at the Hospital Wing. Hermione frowned. Why would he do this to himself? I can see he loves me, why would he sit there staring at my unconscious body? Hurting himself every second a bit more? Hermione followed him into the Hospital Wing and he was already sitting at the bed.
‘Mione it’s not fun around here without you.’ Draco said.
‘Please wake up Mione.’ Draco said softly kissing Hermione’s hand that he was holding.
‘I need you.’ Draco sighed.
‘I’m begging you, please wake up Hermione, I can’t lose you.’ Draco said.
‘Draco?’ Luna asked out of the nowhere.
Hermione turned around at the same time the past Draco did and saw it was Luna. She looked at Draco, who had already turned back to the bed.
‘Hi Luna.’ Draco said.
‘Why are you still here so late?’ Luna asked.
‘I can ask you the same thing.’ Draco said.
‘I couldn’t sleep.’ Luna said.
‘No wandering around the castle at nights.’ Draco said.
Luna smiled and sat down in the other chair next to Hermione’s bed.
‘She looks peaceful, doesn’t she?’ Luna said with her dreamy voice looking at Hermione.
Draco nodded.
‘I like her more when she’s awake.’ Draco said.
Hermione looked down at him and bit her lip while Luna looked up at him.
‘So what are you doing here?’ Luna asked.
‘I couldn’t sleep either.’ Draco said.
‘Are you doing this every night?’ Luna asked.
‘What?’ Draco asked.
‘Coming here when you can’t sleep?’ Luna asked.
‘Yes, most of the times I do.’ Draco said.
That explains the footsteps.
‘Why?’ Luna asked.
‘Because I’ve got nightmares the last nights, horrible nightmares where something happens to Hermione and then I have to make sure she’s all right, that she’s still laying here, alive.’ Draco explained.
Luna nodded understanding. Luna stayed there for thirty minutes and then she stood up.
‘I’m going back to bed.’ Luna said.
‘Okay good night.’ Draco said.
‘Don’t worry she’ll wake up, I know it for sure.’ Luna said with a smile.
Draco nodded.
‘You only have to believe it.’ Luna said.
‘And I can tell you don’t really believe it, don’t lose faith Draco, it will be all right.’ Luna said patting him on the back and then she left Draco alone with Hermione.

Draco opened his eyes and it was still completely dark in the room. He moved his arm over to the place where Hermione laid, out of habit, and did found her body. He lifted his head up and saw she was gone. Draco looked around the room, but didn’t see her. He got out of bed, walking towards the bathroom and she wasn’t there either. Where did she go? He just wanted to open the door when it was banged against his head.
‘OUCH!’ He said placing his hand over his forehead.
‘I’m so sorry.’ Hermione chuckled as she closed the door behind her, pulling the cloak off of her.
‘Where were you?’ Draco asked.
‘In the Hospital Wing.’
‘Hospital Wing?’
Hermione nodded.
‘Why?’
‘Because I saw the past you sneak out of his door and I wanted to know where he was going.’ Hermione said.
‘Why?’ Hermione asked.
‘What why?’ Draco asked sitting down on the bed.
‘Why did you ask?’
‘Because I was worried.’ Draco said.
‘I can take care of myself.’ Hermione said.
Draco laughed.
‘I know.’ He said.