Chapter 37

‘Why?’ Hermione thought as she looked at the ceiling of her room.
She had gone to bed, she didn’t want to face Draco again, but she couldn’t sleep. She had heard Draco come into the common room an hour ago. He had opened her door to look if she was in there and she had closed her eyes, so that it looked like she was sleeping. She couldn’t handle a confrontation with him now. She closed her eyes and the images of Ginny and Harry who were telling her that Draco and she were together filled her mind again.
‘STOP!’ Hermione thought and she fast opened her eyes again.
‘Stop thinking!’ She thought.
‘Just for a few minutes, so I can fall asleep.’ She thought.
She closed her eyes again and the thoughts filled her mind again.

Draco sat down in his chair in front of the fire. He held his hand through his hair and he sighed.
‘At least she was in her bed sleeping.’ Draco thought.
‘I just want to talk to her, but that has to wait until tomorrow now.’ He thought.
He got up and walked towards his room. He got out the diary he was writing for Hermione and his ink and quill. He walked to the desk that was on his room and he sat down on the chair in front of it. He dipped his quill in the ink and started to write again.

Hermione opened her eyes the next morning and stretched. She got out of bed and got dressed. She walked back into her room fully dressed and when she grabbed her book she pushed her jewellery box of her nightstand with it. Hermione sighed and kneeled down so she could put the jewellery back in the box. She put everything back, but then she noticed something she didn’t recognize. It was a golden necklace with a charm hanging on it. The charm was a golden heart with a little red diamond on it.
‘When did I buy this?’ She asked herself.
‘It’s beautiful.’ She thought.
She closed the box, but it back on the nightstand and walked over to the mirror. She put the necklace on and smiled. She walked into the common room towards the portrait hole, but she couldn’t help herself and she glanced over to Draco’s room. She noticed that his door was open and then she saw his blonde hair on his desk. He wasn’t moving at all and Hermione widened his eyes. She fast ran towards his room and entered it. She fast shook his shoulders.
‘Malfoy!’ Hermione said.
‘Draco!’ She said panicking.
Draco opened his eyes and yawned. Hermione exhaled relieved and leaned with her hand on his desk.
‘Good morning.’ Draco said surprised when he saw who woke him up.
‘Hmm.’ Hermione said.
Then Hermione noticed the notebook that had been used as a pillow.
‘What is that?’ She asked looking closer.
‘Nothing.’ Draco said fast closing it and putting his hands over it.
‘Doesn’t seem as nothing.’ Hermione said.
‘Did you just call me Draco?’ Draco asked.
‘No.’ Hermione said and she fast walked away.
‘Yes you did, I heard it.’ Draco said.
‘I didn’t, you may have heard someone say it in a dream.’ Hermione said.
‘I wasn’t even dreaming.’ Draco said.
Hermione fast walked out of the common room and down the stairs towards the Great Hall. The day went by a bit too fast for Hermione. She wasn’t really looking forwards to the point where she would be alone with Draco again in their common room. Hermione was sitting in one of the chairs in front of the fire and she read a book. Draco came into the common room half an hour later then Hermione and sat down in the other chair.
‘Hi.’ Draco said looking at Hermione and then he noticed something.
‘Hmm.’ Hermione said not looking up from her book.
She noticed he was still looking at her after a few seconds and she looked up from her book. She looked back at her book, hoping he would stop staring at her, but he didn’t.
‘Can you please stop staring at me!’ Hermione said looking up from her book again..
‘How did you get the necklace?’ Draco asked.
‘It was in my jewellery box.’ Hermione said.
‘Really?’ Draco asked.
‘No that’s why I say it was in there.’ Hermione said irritated.
‘Bite me.’ Draco said.
Hermione rolled her eyes.
‘You know how you got it?’ Draco asked.
‘Yes.’ Hermione said.
There appeared a smile on his face, a smile with hope.
‘Really?’ He asked smiling.
‘For Merlin’s sake!’ Hermione said.
‘Tell me how?’ Draco asked.
‘Why would I?’ Hermione asked.
‘Just tell me.’ Draco said.
‘I bought it.’ Hermione said.
The smile disappeared from Draco’s face.
‘Who told you that?’ Draco asked.
‘No one.’ Hermione said.
‘So you don’t know for sure how you got it.’ Draco said.
‘No, I lost my memory remember ferret.’ Hermione said.
‘Shall I tell you how you got it?’ Draco asked ignoring the insult.
‘I don’t really care, it’s a lovely necklace, so why would I care how I got it?’ She said.
Draco wanted to open his mouth again.
‘Can the interrogation stop now? Thank you.’ Hermione said as she stood up and walked to her room.
‘I got that for you for Christmas.’ Draco said.
But the door was already closed.

‘I got that for you for Christmas, that’s what he said.’ Hermione thought leaning with her back against her door.
‘I heard it right, right?’ She asked herself.
‘Yes, yes I heard it right.’
‘But why would he give me this for Christmas?’
‘Were we together when it was Christmas?’
‘That’s not even that far from the beginning of the school year.’
‘What has happened for Merlin’s sake?’

Draco sighed.
‘Why can’t she just remember everything again?’ Draco thought.
‘That would make everything much easier.’
‘How can I win her heart again?’
‘The first time happened so natural.’
‘That’s it! I’m just pushing it too much, I need to slow down, let everything happen.’
‘But what if I don’t do anything or slow down? Will she fall in love with me again on that way?’
‘What if she doesn’t? What if she will hate me for the rest of her life.’
‘She can’t hate me, I’m not horrible and mean to her anymore, I’m nice to her and when she is sad I’m there to comfort her.’
‘What if she don’t want me to comfort her?’
‘And she woke me up.’
‘Maybe I should stop thinking.’
‘Yes stop thinking.’
‘Tududum.’
‘STOP THINKING.’
Draco stood up and walked to his room. He sat down behind the desk again and wrote further in the diary for Hermione. He wanted to finish it as soon as possible, so he could give it to her. He had still hope she would get her memory back. As that was his biggest wish at the moment. He just wanted the Hermione back he loved so much. Of course it’s amazing she woke up, and he’s really happy with that, but he thought and hoped that everything would go back as how things were. Unfortunately that didn’t happen and maybe never will.

A/N:

Will everything go back as they were? Or won't she fall in love again with Draco?
Thank you all for reading/voting/commenting and adding the story!!! and of course when you followed me for following! It's means so much!
I am sooooo sorry that it took just too long for the new chapter but I was first really busy at school, then the weather here was wonderful so I just needed to tan in the garden and I had no inspiration at all! I'm really really really sorry!
I'll try to be faster with the next chapter :)

xxc