Chapter 68

Another day had passed. They had been searching from the moment they finished breakfast, to the middle of the night.
‘Guys, if we want to be of any use we need our sleep.’ Ginny said getting up.
Some of them mumbled something and lazily got up, walking to their bookshelf and placing the book back.
‘See you tomorrow.’ they said walking out of the library.
Harry and Ron eventually got up too and said good night before walking off.
‘Come on Draco.’ Ginny said.
‘I’ll be fine, just go to bed.’ Draco said.
‘No you won’t, you’ll stay here all night and when we come back here tomorrow morning we find out you have been sleeping here.’ Ginny said.
‘Get up.’ Ginny said, closing the book Draco was reading.
‘Tomorrow is a new day to look further.’ Ginny said.
‘How is it that we have been searching for two days and haven’t found any-thing that could help us?’ Draco said frustrated as Ginny placed the book back in the right bookshelf.
‘Patience.’ Ginny said.
‘I don’t have a lot of patience when it depends on my girlfriend’s life.’ Draco said.
‘You do remember that she is my best friend, don’t you?’ Ginny said, slightly offended.
‘Yes of course.’ Draco said.
‘How can you stay so calm?’ he asked.
‘I’ve got hope.’ Ginny said.
‘And without hope you won’t get any further.’ she added, taking his arm and pulling him up.
‘Come on.’ she said.
‘We don’t even know if she’s still alive.’ Draco said softly.
‘Don’t think like that!’ Ginny said.
‘We do know, if she would have been- you know, we would’ve known it.’ Ginny said.
‘How do you know?’ Draco asked.
‘I just know.’ Ginny said.
Draco sighed.
‘Promise me you won’t go back to the library tonight?’ Ginny asked.
Draco frowned.
‘Yes, yes, I promise.’
‘Good, now good night.’ she said.
‘Good night.’ he said as she walked off.
Draco walked up the stairs and stopped in front of Snape’s portrait when he arrived there.
‘Time Turner.’ Draco said.
The portrait swung open and Draco stepped in.

‘How did you sleep?’ Ginny asked as she sat down next to Draco.
Draco lifted his head off of the table and looked at her.
‘I think you already got your answer in front of you.’ Ron said.
‘Shut up.’ Draco said brushing his hand through his hair.
‘He didn’t get his beauty sleep and now he’s cranky.’ Ron said.
‘Don’t push it.’ Draco said.
‘Or what?’ Ron asked.
‘Guys, stop it!’ Harry said.
Ginny shook her head and took a sip of her pumpkin juice.
‘Did you sleep at all?’ Ginny asked, spreading some jelly over her toast.
‘Not really.’ Draco said.
‘I had this crazy dream at one point.’ Draco said shaking his head.
‘What happened?’ Ginny asked taking a bite from her toast.
‘I can’t really remember, something with Hermione and we went back in time.’ Draco said.
‘It was really weird.’ Draco said.
Ginny furrowed her eyebrows.
‘That was a detailed story.’ Ginny said.
Draco rolled his eyes.
‘McGonagall said the Ministry is still not making any progress, they’re looking everywhere but there is no sign of Hermione.’ Neville said silently as he sat down next to Harry.
Draco looked up at him.
‘Dammit.’ Draco sighed.
‘For Merlin’s sake, can’t they do anything?’ Harry whispered frustrated.
‘Who’s ready to go to the library?’ Draco asked.
‘Erm- Draco, I hate to break it to you.’ Ginny said.
‘What?’ Draco asked.
‘But we’ve got classes to attend.’ she finished.
Draco sighed. He had totally forgotten about those.
‘Wait, but it’s Tuesday.’ Draco said.
Ginny nodded.
‘We missed classes yesterday.’ Draco said.
‘Yep, I guess that’s why McGonagall came to us and she knew for certain that we were up to something.’ Ginny said.
‘Don’t you think we can skip them today? The classes I mean.’ Draco suggested.
‘No Draco! Do you want to graduate?’ Ginny asked.
‘Yes but-‘ Draco said.
‘Hermione would’ve wanted you to attend your classes.’ Ginny said.
‘You’re talking about her as if she’s dead.’ Draco said a little to defensive.
‘Calm down there Malfoy.’ Ron said.
‘Draco, you know what I mean.’ Ginny sighed.
Draco nodded slightly.
‘We’ll go to the library after our classes.’ Ginny said.
‘We’ll meet there and whoever is there first just start, we don’t have to wait for each other.’ Ginny said.
They all nodded and after breakfast they went off to their classes. Practically all the teachers said something along the lines of “I know it’s a hard time for all of you know with Miss Granger missing, but we have to focus on your graduation. We can’t help her and the Ministry is doing everything they can, so please for your own sakes, don’t stop studying.” and the first time they heard that “speech” Ginny turned to look at Draco to give him a look after the last part had been said. Draco had rolled his eyes and had turned back to the book that was in front of him. After all the classes were over for that day Draco rushed back to the library to find Luna already sitting there.
‘Hi Luna.’ Draco said.
‘Oh hi Draco.’ she said with her dreamy voice and a small smile on her face.
‘How long have you been here?’ Draco asked.
‘Not long, just a few minutes I guess.’ Luna said.
‘Have you found anything yet?’ Draco asked.
Luna shook her head.
‘We’ll find something though, don’t worry.’ she said with a small smile before she turned back to her book.
Draco walked to the bookshelf and searched until he found a title that might be of any use. He got a book out and walked to the table. Just at the moment he sat down the others walked in, talking to each other. They all went to their own section and one by one came back with a book in their hands before they sat down around the table. After around an hour a few had gone through two books already but none of them had found anything.
‘This is hopeless.’ Draco sighed.
‘No it’s not. It will be if you keep saying that though.’ Ginny said.
‘What d-‘ Draco started but he was cut off by an intense pain.
His fingers curled up into fist and he bit his lip to keep him from screaming out.
‘Draco?’ Ginny asked worried, looking at him with widened eyes.
‘Are you okay?’ Harry asked.
‘Pain.’ Draco breathed.
Draco fell from his seat onto the floor. He had an annoying high pitched ringing in his ears and black spots appeared in his view. He squeezed his eyes shut, but it didn’t work. He felt an excruciating pain going through his whole body. It felt as if someone was using the cruciatus curse on him. And after a few moments everything went black.