Chapter 47

‘Avada Ke-‘ and then the wand Pansy was holding flew out of her hand just at the same moment as Draco threw himself in front of Hermione.
Hermione stood there for a few seconds with her jaw dropped and her eyes wide open.
‘What the hell dude!’ she said helping Draco up.
Pansy looked around her and then her eyes fixed on one point.
‘Are you all right?’ Draco asked placing his hand on Hermione’s cheek.
‘I’m not the one who threw himself in front of me.’ Hermione said.
‘Are you okay?’ she asked.
‘I’m fine.’ he said.
‘Sure?’ she asked.
He nodded and then stepped slightly in front of Hermione.
‘Why did you do that?’ Pansy exclaimed.
‘You were going to kill her.’ a man in dark ropes said.
‘Yes, and your point is?’ Pansy said.
‘Maybe we’ll be needing her.’ the man said.
Hermione raised her eyebrows.
‘Uncle? Is that you?’ Draco asked.
‘Hello Draco.’ the man said.
‘Who’s that?’ Hermione whispered.
‘Rodolphus Lestrange.’ Draco said.
‘Bellatrix’s husband.’ Hermione said.
Draco nodded.
‘What are you doing here?’ Draco asked.
‘Keeping this stupid girl from killing the both of you.’ Rodolphus said.
‘Thank you.’ Draco said.
‘Now go.’ Rodolphus said.
Draco nodded and fast grabbed Hermione’s wrist, pulling her after him. When they were in front of the doors of the castle, Draco pulled the cloak over both of them and they walked in.
‘We’re going back to our own time.’ Draco said.
‘Good idea.’ Hermione sighed.
Hermione placed the necklace around both of them and before they knew it they were back. Draco pulled the cloak off of them and folded it.
‘I’m going to bring this back to Potter.’ Draco said.
Hermione nodded.
‘I’m going to our common room.’ she said.
‘I’ll be right there.’ Draco said.
Hermione nodded and started to walk up the stairs. She said the password and walked in, sitting down on her chair. After around thirty minutes Draco walked in. He walked over to her and sat down in his chair.
‘Why did you do that?’ Hermione asked.
‘I’m tired.’ Draco said.
‘I mean jumping in front of me, you could’ve died.’ Hermione said.
‘Otherwise you would’ve died.’ Draco shrugged.
‘And I don’t think I could live without you.’ Draco said.
Hermione blinked.
‘Draco.’ Hermione said taking a deep breath in.
‘You can’t expect me to just let you save my life every time you get the chance and when your life is in danger I can’t try and save yours, because that could mean “the end of mine”.’ Hermione said.
‘Is he really going to discuss this stupid thing?’ Hermione thought.
‘You say you wouldn’t be able to live without me, but you proved you could.’ Hermione said.
Draco raised his eyebrows.
‘No I didn’t.’ Draco said.
‘Yes you did, I wasn’t there for weeks and look at you! You’re still alive.’ Hermione said.
‘That’s different, I knew you would wake up.’ Draco said.
‘When you’re dead you can’t come back.’ he said.
‘When you are, you can’t either.’ Hermione said.
Draco looked over at her.
‘Draco-‘ Hermione sighed.
She shook her head.
‘I care about you too and it would break my heart if you weren’t around anymore.’ Hermione said.
Draco nodded.
‘I’m serious.’ she said.
‘I know.’ he said.
Hermione looked back at the fire.
‘I’ve got a bad feeling about Rodolphus, I don’t get why he let us go.’ Hermione said.
‘He’s my uncle.’
‘Still, and he said something like we don’t need her yet.’ Hermione said.
Draco looked over at her.
‘Sure he said that?’
‘Yes, I’m positive.’ she said.
‘Maybe you’re just tired.’ Draco said.
‘Draco I don’t thi-‘ she started.
‘Just go to bed and try to get some sleep. It was a long day.’ Draco said.
Hermione frowned.
‘Whatever.’ she said and she stood up, walking over to her room and closing the door behind her.

‘Maybe we’ll need her.’
Hermione fast sat up in her bed, when she looked around and saw she was still save in her room she took in a deep breath.
‘For Merlin’s sake.’ she sighed.
She laid back down and looked up at the ceiling.
‘Why does this need to happen to me?’ she thought.
‘Why couldn’t I just keep my memories? Why did I have to lose them, it makes everything so difficult.’
‘It’s hard to see Draco struggle like this, I know what he wants and I could only imagine how he feels right now.’ she thought.
She stretched her arm out to grab the notebook from her nightstand and sat up straight in bed, opening the notebook in front of her. She hadn’t really read the whole thing yet, she had stopped on some point with reading, because she couldn’t handle it. Hermione turned the page and then saw something sticking out from under a few other pages. Hermione frowned and opened the page at that spot. Then she saw there was an envelope attached to one of the pages.
‘How couldn’t I have noticed earlier?’ she thought opening the envelope.
She took out what was in it and saw it were letters. When she looked closer she saw a few had her handwriting. She grabbed the first one and started to read it. After an hour of reading she had finished all the letters, letters that she had send to Draco and letters that Draco had send to her. She smiled as she laid the last one down and put them back into the envelope, closing the notebook and placing it back on her nightstand. She laid back down and pulled the duvet up to her chin. As she closed her eyes and tried to go back to sleep the words that had been written in the letters flew through her mind.

‘Good morning.’ Draco said walking into the common room.
‘Good morning.’ Hermione said as she looked up from her book.
‘How did you sleep?’ Draco asked.
‘Not great, had a nightmare, but I found something when I woke up.’
‘What did you find?’
‘Letters in an envelope, the envelope you put in the notebook.’
Draco raised his eyebrows.
‘Hadn’t you found them already?’
‘Nope.’ Hermione said.
‘And?’ he asked.
‘They were cute.’ she said.
He smiled.
‘I prefer the term “manly”.’ Draco said popping his chest out.
Hermione rolled her eyes laughing.
‘Very manly.’ she said.
Draco smirked.
‘Want to join me with breakfast?’ Draco asked.
‘I was actually waiting for you, so yes that would be lovely.’
‘You waited for me?’ Draco asked.
‘Yes of course.’ she said standing up and putting her book down in her chair.
She passed Draco, who just looked at her, and walked out of the common room, hearing his footsteps coming after her.
‘How did you sleep?’ she asked.
‘Fine, didn’t dream or had a nightmare as far as I know.’
Hermione smiled and nodded.
‘I have to say I’m quite tired.’ Hermione said.
‘Why don’t you skip classes for today and try to catch some sleep?’ Draco asked.
‘No, I’m fine.’ she said.
‘We’ve been traveling through time for several days, I haven’t had classes in all that time.’ she added.
Draco nodded.
‘Just promise me you’ll go to bed when you’re feeling worse.’ Draco said.
Hermione nodded.
‘Don’t nod and then just ignore it.’ Draco said.
‘I promise.’ she said.
Draco nodded.
‘Good girl.’ he said.
Hermione laughed.
‘Weirdo.’
Draco gave her a cheeky smile as they walked into the Great Hall. Hermione sat down in between Harry and Ron as Draco sat down on the opposite side of the table next to Ginny.
‘How was the travel?’ Ginny asked softly.
‘I don’t know actually, I hope it has changed something.’ Draco whispered back.
Ginny nodded as she gave Hermione a quick glance who was talking to Harry in a quiet voice.
‘It’ll be all right.’ Ginny said.
‘I hope you’re right.’ Draco said as he took some toast.
‘How are you?’ Harry asked.
‘Fine.’ Hermione said with a small smile.
‘Just really tired.’ she added.
‘That’s understandable.’ Harry said.
‘How long have you been gone?’ he asked.
‘Several days, I don’t know actually.’ Hermione shrugged.
‘Has something changed?’ Harry asked carefully.
‘I don’t know, it’s all just so confusing.’ Hermione said.
‘Confusing hu?’ Harry said taking a bite of his toast.
‘Yes, why does this all have to be so complicated.’ she sighed.
‘It’ll be all right, trust me.’ Harry said.
Hermione gave him a small smile and nodded.
‘I hope you’re right.’ she sighed looking over at Draco who was talking to Ginny in hushed voices.

|In the past|

‘Why did you let them go?’ Pansy asked when they were back in the mansion.
‘Because we have to wait.’ Rodolphus said.
‘Wait for what?’ Pansy asked.
‘Wait for the moment they’re together again.’
‘What do you mean?’
‘They’ve got a special bond, it only happens once in 1000 years.’ Rodolphus said.
‘Is this a “true love” thing? Because that only exists in those stupid books.’
‘I don’t care if you believe me or not, but that’s it sort of.’ Rodolphus said.
‘It doesn’t matter what happens, they’ll find each other in the end.’ Rodolphus said.
‘So why wait? Draco still loves her, you saw it, otherwise he wouldn’t throw himself in front of her.’ Pansy said.
‘But she isn’t ready yet.’ Rodolphus said.
‘Be patient Pansy, be patient.’ Rodolphus said.
‘I hate being patient, patient is for wimps!’ Pansy said.

A/N:

Here it finally is, hope you enjoyed it and I'll try to write as much as I can, but I can't promise anything! life's busy lately pfff

xxc