Chapter 75

Hermione slowly opened her eyes and sat up straight. She looked around and frowned. She was just next to a park. And as she took her surroundings in, she remembered the park. Her parents always took her to this park when she was a little girl. She would go down the slide, sit on the swings, while her dad would push her as she giggled "higher daddy, higher." She could faintly hear her father's laugh. Hermione got up from the ground and looked around. There was no one there. Why was she here? What was she doing here? And how did she get here? The sun was shining brightly and she felt the sun warm her skin up. She looked around and found a bench, just across from the little playground. She walked over to the bench and sat down. She breathed in and smelled freshly cut grass. A slight breeze kept the extreme heat away and made the weather feeling perfect. Not too hot, not too cold, literally perfect.
'Hi there.' she heard a familiar voice say.
She looked around but there was no one.
'Fred's going home tomorrow. So that's exciting for him.'
Hermione frowned. It seemed like Draco was sitting right next to her, talking to her, but there was no one. She was all by herself.
'I don't know if you notice but Mrs Weasley always comes and visit you every day after she'd gone by Fred. I saw her going into your room yesterday just before I arrived. I saw her sitting next to your bed, holding your hand and talking to you quietly. I haven't seen your mom and dad yet, but Mrs Weasley told me they are here every day in the morning and after they finished working in the evening. I bet they're lovely people and that's why you can't give up Hermione. You're strong, I know you are. So please just try to wake up. I don't care when it happens, if it's now, in a week or in a month, as long as you'll wake up sooner or later! Obviously rather sooner....' Draco trailed off.
'I know, I'm giving you this speech every day, but I just want you to know that we are here for you no matter what and I want you to know that people are waiting for you to show us those beautiful eyes of yours.'
'I love you Hermione.'
And that's when she felt a slight tingle on the back of her left hand. Hermione moved her right hand over to her left and placed it upon the place where the feeling had come and gone. She didn't see anything nor did anything change. What was happening? Hermione took another look around and that's when she saw someone coming up to her.
'Tonks?'
Nymphadora Tonks sat down next to her and looked over at the playground before she spoke up.
'It's nice out here, isn't it?' Tonks asked.
Hermione nodded.
'It is.' she said.
'What have you been up to lately? I haven't seen you around much.' Hermione asked.
'Nothing much, pulling some pranks on Lupin.' Tonks smiled.
Hermione chuckled.
'What are you doing here?' Tonks asked.
Hermione shrugged.
'I don't know.'
'That's something you don't hear often coming from you.' Tonks smirked.
Hermione gave her a smile.
'Where are we?' Tonks asked.
Hermione looked over at her and frowned.
'You don't know?'
'Never seen this place before.'
'My parents always took me to this park to play when I was little.' Hermione said.
Tonks nodded.
'That explains why we're here.' Tonks smiled.
'It does?' Hermione asked.
Tonks nodded again.
'Are you going to tell me?'
Tonks looked over at her for the first time and gave her a small smile.
'You'll find out.' Tonks said.
Tonks' hair was purple and long. She was wearing clothes Hermione had seen her wear before. Tonks looked fine, happy and most of all peaceful. Hermione gave her a smile.
'You grew your hair.' Hermione said.
Tonks chuckled.
'I did, you like it?'
Hermione nodded.
'It suits you.'
'Thanks.'
'I'm still debating if I should wear it like this.' Tonks said and that's when her hair changed and became white.
'Or like this.'
'Definitely purple.' Hermione said.
'That's what I thought.' Tonks said, changing it back.
'I've missed you, all of you.' Tonks sighed.
Hermione nodded.
'We miss you too.' Hermione said.
'Why don't you come around some time? I know for sure everyone would love to see you and Lupin.' Hermione said.
Tonks placed her hand on Hermione's arm and gave her a small smile.
'We can't.' Tonks said.
Hermione nodded.
'Some other time then.' Hermione said.
'Shall we go for a walk?'
'Sure.'
They both got up and started to walk away from the bench.
'So what have you been up to lately?' Tonks asked.
Hermione smiled.
'Well first things first, Draco and I are together.' Hermione told her.
'You are?'
Hermione nodded.
'That's great, I'm so happy for you.' Tonks said.
'Do you think he's "the one"?' Tonks asked.
'I think he is.' Hermione said.
Tonks smiled.
'What are you doing here then?' Tonks asked.
Hermione shrugged.
'I don't know.' she said.
'You know Hermione, there will be a lot of questions that you have to answer very soon.' Tonks started before she looked over at Hermione.
'But just remember, you're not in this alone. You've got people around you that love you, and who would love to help you. Don't shut yourself off from them. Because you'll need them, even though you think you won't. But the decision is all yours.' Tonks said.
Hermione frowned.
'What do you mean?' Hermione asked.
Tonks didn't answer and kept walking.
Hermione looked around and noticed they were back at the bench.
'Did we take a turn?' Hermione asked.
Tonks shook her head.
'But we're back where we started.' Hermione said.
Tonks nodded.
'Tonks?' Hermione said stopping in her track.
Tonks stopped and turned around.
'Where are we?' Hermione asked.
Tonks gave her a small smile before offering Hermione her hand.
'Come on.' Tonks said.
Hermione took her hand and that's when everything became dark for a few seconds. Hermione blinked a few times and all of a sudden she was standing in a hallway. Nurses passed her as she looked around and didn't even look at her.
'Tonks?'
No answer.
'Tonks? Where are we?'
No answer.
Hermione took a few steps and felt herself being drawn to somewhere. As if someone else was controlling where she was going. She stopped in front of a room. She listened and heard someone talking. She walked inside and saw it was Draco, sitting next to a bed.
'Draco?'
Draco kept talking and didn't even look up. Hermione stepped closer before she gasped and stumbled back. In the bed was a girl lying. Her eyes closed, a cut right above her eyebrow and a bruise going all the way over her cheek. A girl she had seen before, multiple times, whenever she looked in the mirror. The girl who was lying on the bed, was her. But how? How was she standing there and lying in a hospital bed at the same time?
'Draco?'
'Ginny's arm is fully recovered now, after Madam Pomfrey helped her out.' Draco told her.
'Just like my broken leg.' Draco said.
'And I know I've already told you all of this, but I want you to know that everyone's okay.' Draco sighed.
Hermione frowned.
'We miss you Hermione.'
'I miss you too.' Hermione whispered.
'You know.' Draco said, putting a small smile on his face.
'George has been smiling and cheerful since the moment we got in this hospital. He just couldn't believe that Fred is still alive.' Draco said.
'Still alive?' Hermione questioned.
'Hermione, remember that notebook I gave you? I've added everything that has happened since the point that I gave it to you after you were in St. Mungo's. I thought it might help you, especially in the case that you've lost your memories again....' Draco trailed off.
'I lost my memories?' Hermione asked softly and that's when everything came rushing back.
From the moment she woke up in the hospital wing to the moment she saw a bright green light rushing her way before everything went black.
'Oh my.' Hermione gasped as she stumbled back.
'It's all right.' Tonks said silently behind her.
Hermione felt Tonks placing her hand on her shoulder.
'But you've got a choice to make Hermione.' Tonks said.
Hermione turned to look at Tonks. Tonks was now wearing a white dress that ended just above the ground. It was gorgeous.
'What choice?'
'Will you stay or are you coming with me?' Tonks asked.
Hermione raised her eyebrows.
'Go with you? Where to?' Hermione asked.
Tonks smiled.
'You still don't understand do you?'
Hermione shook her head. Tonks gave Hermione a slight squeeze before taking both of her hands in her own.
'You're dying.' Tonks said.
'That's why you were in the park. In the first phase of dying you'll go to your happy place. You'll get to spend some time alone, free your mind, get some deserved rest before a loved one who's already gone will come.' Tonks gave her a small smile.
Hermione looked at Tonks with widened eyes.
'Not everyone can choose, some are already out of the "saving" zone.' Tonks told her.
'But you've got a choice, you can choose to stay here or go with me, go to get some well-deserved rest, peace and quiet.' Tonks said.
'How is it?' Hermione asked.
Tonks gave her a small smile.
'It's nice.' Tonks nodded.
'You can watch over your loved ones who are still down here. You can be with them, even though they don't know you're there.' Tonks told her.
'The best of all is the fact that you can give them that little energy they just need to go on with their life. Just that little push to put a smile on their faces or get out of bed in the morning.' Tonks said.
'Don't you miss really being with them? Touching them, hugging them?' Hermione asked.
'Of course, but Lupin and I didn't have a choice like you have. We were gone instantly.' Tonks told her.
Hermione bit her lip.
'Think about it for a little while.' Tonks said.
'But know that I'm here for you and we're all happy to welcome you if you choose to not stay.' Tonks told her.
Hermione nodded.
'Come here.' Tonks said opening her arm.
Hermione gave her a hug before she pulled away and looked over her shoulder at Draco.
'He looks exhausted, don't you think?' Hermione asked as she turned back around but Tonks was gone.
Hermione sighed and walked over to the bed. She sat down at the end of the bed next to her legs. Draco had laid his head on the bed and was silently whispering something. When she listened closely she heard him silently beg for her to wake up before he slowly stopped and his breathing started to become even. Hermione looked at him and noticed he had fallen asleep. She sighed and stroke his head, even though she knew he wouldn't be able to feel it.
'Will I stay? Or shall I go?' she silently asked herself.
She took in a deep breath and felt her eyelids becoming heavier. Perhaps she was slightly giving up. Why would she even try to get out of the coma? Why would she put others at risk again? Clearly bad things happen when she's around. She doesn't want her friends to get hurt again. What if she would just go, leave her old life behind? What if she would join Tonks, Lupin and all the others up there? That wouldn't be too bad? It would perhaps even be good for her? Be relieving? She was silently hoping someone would agree with her right that moment, telling her it was okay to give up. Telling her it was okay to just go away because it is hard and it wouldn't be a bad thing to escape from that. Tonks said she was dying, she is dying, so why would she try to fight that process? Why would she fight? She has been fighting her whole life.

Perhaps it was time to stop fighting.

A/N:

Heyy dolls,

So you're not going to believe me when I tell you, but; I finished this story! Yep! This is not the last chapter for the record! This story has 78 chapters, so there are three more to come :) I've already started on the sequel of this story and I've started on my new Dramione fanfic, so you're not getting rid of me that easily ;p 

So let's just go over to the question of the week (I will be doing the question of the week in the author's note in the Sequel btw :) just in case you were wondering) 
Today's question isssss; What do you like the most about Autumn? 
My answer to this question is; I think for me it is the fact that it's getting colder, it's getting darker earlier at the day, the leaves are turning orange/red and in the forrest it gives this beautiful view, it won't look weird when you're wearing a hat and of course the Autumn fashion! I absolutely love checkered prints, on scarfs, blouses, skirts, dresses, absolutely love it! 

Oh and what do you want me to do? Do you want me to give you a double update next week, so that you'll get chapter 76 and 77 in one time? Or do you want me to keep a week in between those two chapters? So
A- Chapter 76 and 77 at the same time
or
B- a week in between chapter 76 and 77

Lots of Love

xx