Chapter 53

Hermione stood on her toes, trying to grab the book she needed, but she couldn’t reach it. Then an arm raised above her and grabbed the book. Hermione turned around and saw it was Draco, who was now holding the book she wanted.
‘Good afternoon.’ Draco said smiling.
‘Can I have my book?’ Hermione asked looking at Draco, and she had the feeling he was in a teasing mood.
‘Of course.’ Draco said offering her the book, but just as she wanted to take it from him, he pulls his hand back.
‘Malfoy! What are you? 12?’
Draco smirked.
‘Maybe.’ he said.
‘You’ll get the book, only if I get something in return.’ Draco said.
‘Draco! Not here.’ Hermione hissed looking around them, but they were alone.
‘Ah come on Mione. You really want to keep it a secret?’ Draco asked.
‘I’ve been avoiding Ginny all week, if I can manage that, then you’ll survive to keep it a secret too.’ Hermione said.
Draco stepped closer to her and as he did, Hermione stepped back, hitting her back against the bookshelf. Draco placed his free hand next to her head against the wood and he looked down at her.
‘One kiss.’ he said.
Hermione looked up at him and saw his grey eyes looking down at her desperately.
‘Just one.’ Hermione sighed.
Draco smiled and leaned down, closing his eyes and as he did, Hermione fast grabbed the book out of his hand and escaped from his trap.
‘Better luck next time Malfoy.’ Hermione said smirking, taking a turn around the next bookshelf and disappearing from Draco’s sight. 
Draco smirked to himself and pushed himself away from the bookshelf, so he could follow Hermione. Hermione walked up the stairs, followed by Draco and when she reached the portrait and walked into the common room, two arms wrapped around her.
‘You’re not getting rid of me that easy Granger.’ Draco said kissing her cheek.
Hermione rolled her eyes and tried to escape from Draco’s grip, but he was too strong for her.
‘Malfoy, let me go!’ Hermione said.
Draco laughed and did what she told him to do.
‘Thank you.’ Hermione said tucking on her sweater.
‘Seriously though, Mione, how long do you want to keep this a secret?’ Draco asked.
Hermione looked up and sighed.
‘It’s just, I’m scared that things will go wrong when people know we’re back together.’ Hermione said.
‘But what could go wrong?’ Draco asked placing his hands on her shoulders.
‘Everything.’ Hermione said.
‘And the whole Pansy and Rodolphus thing is still bothering me.’ Hermione said.
‘There is nothing to bother about, nothing will go wrong and if something goes wrong, I’m here to protect you.’ Draco said.
‘I don’t need protection.’ Hermione said.
‘I just need someone to be there for me when it’s necessary.’ Hermione said.
‘I’m always there for you, no matter what.’ Draco said, kissing her gently on the lips.
Hermione smiled.
‘You know, I’m not scared that I get hurt, I can handle that, what I can’t handle is you or any of my friends getting hurt.’ Hermione said.
‘And that all because of me.’ she sighed.
‘Nothing will happen, trust me.’ Draco said.
‘You can’t know what the future brings Draco.’ Hermione said looking up.
Draco wanted to say something, but Hermione interrupted him before he could say anything.
‘And no! I’m not giving you my Time Turner.’ Hermione said.
‘How did you know I-‘ Draco started.
‘I know you by now pretty well Malfoy.’ she said patting his chest.
‘I’m tired, I think I’m going to bed.’ Hermione said.
Draco nodded.
‘Sweet dreams.’
‘Good night.’ Draco said.
Hermione kissed him one last time before walking over to her room.

Hermione walked through the hallway when someone called her name. She turned around and saw Harry coming up to her.
‘Oh hi.’ she said with a small smile.
‘Good afternoon.’ he said.
‘Is there something wrong?’ Harry asked when he was walking next to her.
Hermione looked sideways, frowning.
‘No, is there?’ Hermione asked.
‘Well we haven’t seen you all week, every time after breakfast or dinner you were gone so quickly.’ Harry said.
‘I’m just busy with school.’ Hermione said.
‘We don’t have THAT much to do.’ Harry said.
‘You don’t, but I do.’ Hermione said.
‘Didn’t you already catch up with everything?’ Harry asked.
‘Not yet, that’s what I’m trying to do.’ Hermione said.
‘I’m a perfectionist, I want everything done as neat as it can be.’ Hermione said.
Harry laughed.
‘I know.’ he said.
‘Need help?’ Harry asked.
‘I just said that I’m a perfectionist, no Harry, I don’t need your help.’ Hermione said.
Harry laughed again.
‘Just offering to seem like a nice guy.’ he said.
‘You are.’ Hermione said smiling at him sideways.
‘Maybe you should talk to Ginny, she’s quite worried.’ Harry said.
‘Has she send you after me?’ Hermione asked.
‘Partly, I was worried too.’ Harry said.
‘After the whole Draco thing that happened after the masquerade ball, well we were worried you-‘ Harry started.
‘Don’t worry, I’m perfectly fine.’ Hermione said.
‘How is Draco dealing with everything?’ Harry asked.
Hermione bit her lip.
‘I haven’t really spoken to him lately.’ Hermione lied.
‘You share a common room, you share a bloody bathroom and you haven’t spoken to him?’ Harry asked raising his eyebrows.
‘No, I’m most of the times in my room and so is he.’ Hermione said.
‘In your room?’ Harry said.
Hermione widened her eyes.
‘No, his! His room.’ Hermione said fast.
Harry laughed.
‘Your reaction.’ Harry said.
‘As if he’s sleeping in your room every night and you’re trying to keep it from everyone.’ Harry laughed.
Hermione gave him a fake smile.
‘Funny Potter, very funny.’ Hermione said.
‘Sorry.’ he laughed.
‘Something tells me you’re not really sorry.’ Hermione said.
‘I’m not.’ Harry said smirking.
‘Oh get over yourself Potter.’ Hermione said.
‘What are you going to do this weekend?’ Harry asked.
‘Are you asking me if I want to go on a date with you? I’m flattered Harry, but I can’t.’ Hermione said.
Harry rolled his eyes.
‘Dammit.’ Harry said.
Hermione smiled.
‘No, but seriously. Because this weekend we’re going to Hogsmeade.’ Harry said.
‘And you’re coming with us.’ Harry said.
‘You just asked me what I would be doing this weekend! Do I have a choice?’ Hermione asked.
‘No, not really.’ Harry said.
‘Fine, I’ll come. On one condition.’ Hermione said.
‘And that condition is?’
‘No one is saying a-ny-thing about Draco, no asking, no hinting, no interrogation.’ Hermione said.
‘Fine by me.’ Harry said.
‘Not only you, everyone.’ Hermione said.
Harry rolled his eyes and nodded.
‘Okay, I’ll tell them.’ Harry said.
‘Okay.’ Hermione said.
‘But I’ve got to run now, before it’s too late.’ Hermione said.
‘Too late for what?’ Harry asked.
‘I don’t want to make it late tonight, I’m so tired, so I’ve got to make my homework before I’ll be doing that until 2 AM.’ Hermione said.
‘Good luck.’ he said.
‘Thanks.’ she said walking up the stairs.
‘Time Turner.’ Hermione said stopping in front of the portrait.
The portrait opened and she walked into the common room. She saw Draco reading a book in his chair in front of the fire. She walked over to him and placed a kiss on his cheek, taking at the same time the book from his hands. She sat down in his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. She felt his hand stroking her back slowly.
‘You were gone long.’ Draco said.
‘Yes, Harry wanted to talk.’ Hermione said.
‘About what?’ Draco asked.
‘Oh just if there was something wrong.’ Hermione said.
‘Is there?’ Draco asked shocked.
‘No, no worries.’ Hermione said placing her hand on his cheek, cupping it and kissing him gently on the lips.
‘Have you told him about us?’ Draco asked after pulling back.
‘No.’ she said.
‘You know how hard it is to keep this a secret?’ Draco asked.
‘I want to scream it from the rooftop, I want to let everyone know you’re my girlfriend.’ Draco said.
Hermione bit her lip.
‘Are you ashamed to be with me?’ Draco asked.
‘Because it’s okay if you are, I just want you to be ho-‘ Draco started, but was silenced by a kiss.
‘I’m not ashamed to be with you Draco.’ Hermione said actually hurt that he would think she might be ashamed.
‘Like I said, I’m just scared.’ Hermione said.
‘But there is nothing to be scared for.’ Draco said.
‘Yes there is, there is a lot in this world to be scared about and the most terrifying thing is the possibility of losing you.’ Hermione said.
‘You’re not losing me, I’m not going anywhere.’ Draco said.
‘But that’s not your choice to make Draco, because I wasn’t going anywhere before the accident, and then that happened and I was gone.’ Hermione said.
‘It’s not in our hands what happens to us, we can’t choose what happens to us and what doesn’t.’ Hermione said.
‘But it’s my choice to stay with you for the rest of my life and that’s exactly what I’m going to do.’ Draco said kissing her.

A/N:

Hello everybodyy, 
So I just wanted to let all of you know that I don't know when I'll be able to update again, because in three weeks I'll be having my exams and obviously I want to graduate hahah. I'll try to write in the evenings when I'm lying in my warm bed, but I can't promise anything, because these weeks will be very very stressful :'( 
But after my exams, (which will be over in five weeks) I'll be having quite a lot of time to write, so I'm going to do my best for all of you amazing people ;)
If you're getting bored after being up to date with Love doesn't lie, you can always read my other works like Once Upon a Time, Something Unexpected (also Dramione) or Iron Girl, (a little promotion is nothing to be ashamed of hahah ;p)

Lots of Love

xxc