Chapter 56

‘I love you.’
Hermione looked up at his eyes. Draco gave her a small smile after he said it.
‘Oh you do?’ Hermione asked.
Draco chuckled.
‘Yes, yes I do.’ he said.
Hermione smiled and gave him a kiss before resting her head on his chest. It was already 2 AM and they had been having a bit of fun in bed. They were lying in Draco’s room, surrounded by Slytherin green wallpaper. Hermione played with Draco’s fingers, that were resting on his stomach.
‘What’s it with the ring?’ Hermione asked, taking his hand closer so she could have a closer look at the serpent in the middle.
‘It tells me when there is dark magic nearby.’ Draco said.
Hermione nodded.
‘What does it do?’ Hermione asked.
‘When there is dark magic?’
‘The serpent will move.’ Draco said.
Hermione nodded again.
‘How’s your mom?’ Hermione asked.
Draco raised his eyebrows.
‘Well with your father’s dead and stuff.’ Hermione said.
‘She’s fine.’ Draco said.
‘Are you sure?’ Hermione asked.
‘Why are you asking?’ Draco asked.
‘I was thinking about our time travel.’ Hermione said softly.
Draco nodded.
‘Does she know that we….’ Hermione started.
‘Yes she knew, you met her and she really liked you.’ Draco said.
‘She did?’
‘Yes.’ Draco said with a small smile.
‘What’s not to like about you?’ Draco said kissing the top of her head.
Hermione smiled.
‘Why can’t it always be like this?’ Hermione sighed.
‘We could stay in this bed the rest of our life if you want to.’ Draco said smirking.
Hermione laughed.
‘Good idea Malfoy, good idea.’ Hermione said.
Draco chuckled.

Hermione was seated at her usual spot in the Great Hall and ate her breakfast.
‘Good  morning.’ Neville said, sitting down next to her.
‘And?’ Hermione asked.
‘She didn’t know I didn’t hear her, but she was still disappointed that I didn’t ask her if something was wrong, even after days, which is understandable.’ Neville said.
‘You’re still together right?’ Hermione asked.
Neville gave her a small smile and then nodded.
‘Good.’ she sighed relieved.
‘Thanks to you, if you wouldn’t have told me, it would’ve ended differently.’ Neville said.
‘I think so too.’ Hermione said.
‘I’m just glad it’s okay between the two of you and there are no complications.’ Hermione said.
‘Me too.’ Neville said.
‘We’re going to see her father on Saturday.’ Neville said.
Hermione smiled.
‘Good.’ she said.
Neville nodded with a small smile and grabbed a piece of toast from the middle of the table.
‘Good morning.’ Harry said, sitting down next to Ginny as Ron sat down next to Hermione.
‘Good morning.’ the girls said.
‘You know Hermione, I was thinking.’ Harry said.
‘Yes?’
‘Why don’t you have a sleep over in the Gryffindor Tower?’ Harry said.
‘It’s not like you can’t come into the girls section.’ Harry said.
‘True.’ Hermione said.
‘And if it’s necessary we’ll sleep in the common room.’ Harry said.
‘And you think the other Gryffindors will be okay with that?’ Hermione asked smirking.
‘Yes of course and otherwise they’ll have to deal with me.’ Harry said.
Hermione and Ginny laughed.
‘Sure.’ Ginny said kissing his cheek.
‘You do that.’ Hermione said shaking her head with a smile plastered on her face.
‘It’s a good idea though.’ Ron said shrugging.
‘You can have a break from Malfoy and you’ll be with the most amazing person in the world.’ Ron said.
‘Meaning me of course.’ Ginny said.
‘Not even close sis.’ he said.
Ginny rolled her eyes while Harry chuckled.
‘I’ll think about it.’ Hermione said.
‘Do that.’ Harry said nodding.
Hermione gave him a small smile. They talked a little before they headed off to class. It was a long day with a lot of homework and they were all happy when it was over. Until they came back in the common room and saw what they had to do before they could even think of sleeping. Hermione sighed and placed her books on the table before sitting down and opening the first one. Hermione worked until dinner time and after they were finished eating, they all went back to their own common room and went further with their homework. When Hermione arrived back in the common room Draco was already sitting on the couch.
‘Hey, where have you been all day?’ Hermione asked.
‘Oh nowhere.’ Draco said.
Hermione raised her eyebrows.
‘Okay….’ she said, walking towards him and sitting down next to Draco on the couch.
She took her writing tool in her hand and went further with writing.
‘Hermione, we need to talk.’ Draco said.
Hermione turned her head and looked at him.
‘About what?’ she asked.
‘About us.’ Draco said.
‘Something wrong?’
‘No, I was just thinking, we haven’t had a real date.’ Draco said.
Hermione gave him a small smile.
‘No, we haven’t.’ she said.
‘As far as you can remember obviously.’ Draco said.