Chapter 51

It had taken Hermione three days to get better. Draco had been busy arranging everything for the masquerade ball. One week further and it was Friday. The day of the masquerade ball.
‘Hermione, come on.’ Ginny said.
Hermione walked out of the bathroom in her bathrobe.
‘We’ve got to get ready, why so slow?’ Ginny asked.
‘I don’t know why, but I’m nervous.’ Hermione said.
‘Why?’ Ginny asked.
‘I just said I didn’t know.’
‘There must be a reason.’
‘I think it’s the pressure Draco is putting on me.’
‘What do you mean?’
‘Well, he’s constantly going on and on about getting my memory back, and I want it too, but the pressure is stressing me out.’ Hermione said.
‘He’s concerned and wants the best for you.’ Ginny said with a small smile.
‘I know.’ Hermione sighed.
‘I hope this will help.’ she added.
‘And if it doesn’t you will have a new memory of a wonderful night.’ Ginny said.
‘I hope you’re right.’ Hermione sighed.
‘Let’s start with dressing up.’ Ginny said holding a red dress up.
Hermione took the dress and changed her bathrobe for the red dress. Hermione walked over to the mirror, but Ginny stopped her.
‘No, no Granger, first make-up and hair before you see yourself.’ Ginny said.
Hermione laughed and sat down on the chair in front of her desk. After minutes of sitting still and talking to Ginny, Ginny was done and Hermione was allowed to see herself in the mirror. She walked over to the mirror and looked at herself. It startled her a bit. She had never looked like this before. The red dress was long and ended on the ground. Her hair was longer than it had been in year 4. Her hair now stopped 2 inches under the end of her shoulder blades. Her hair fell down in lose curls, which Ginny had made. The two front locks of her hair were fastened on the back of her head with a glittering clip. Ginny gave Hermione a smile and then handed her a red with gold mask.
‘Here you go, the finishing touch.’ Ginny said.
Hermione took it and held it up in front of her face. She looked at herself with the mask held in front of her eyes and a small smile came up on her face.
‘And?’ Ginny asked.
‘Thank you.’ Hermione said.
‘Of course.’ Ginny said smiling.
‘Did I look like this with the first ball?’ Hermione asked.
‘Almost an exact replica.’ Ginny said.

Draco walked out of his room, hearing Hermione and Ginny talk to each other. A small smile came up on his face and he walked out of the common room. He walked down the stairs and on ground level he saw Blaise and Goyle standing and talking.
‘Good evening.’ Draco said.
‘Good evening.’ they said.
‘How are you?’ Blaise asked.
‘Fine, bit nervous though, what about you?’ Draco asked.
‘As miss Granger stole my date, I’m quite depressed.’ Blaise said.
Draco laughed.
‘What about Goyle?’ Draco asked.
‘He has a date, again.’ Blaise said.
‘You were to late asking someone again, weren’t you?’ Draco asked.
‘Maybe.’ Blaise said.
Draco shook his head.
‘Of course.’ he laughed.
‘How everything with Hermione?’ Goyle asked.
‘I don’t know, she says she’s fine, but I can see she isn’t really fine.’ Draco said.
‘What is she then?’ Blaise asked.
‘I don’t know, she just doesn’t look fine.’ Draco said.
‘Maybe she still not feeling well?’ Goyle suggested.
‘Might be.’ Draco said.
‘I don’t know, I’m just worried about her.’ Draco said.
‘Ahw Mister head prefect cares about someone apart from himself.’ Blaise said.
Draco rolled his eyes while Blaise and Goyle laughed.
‘I care about her for months, so you’re a little late with that Zabini.’ Draco said.
‘Just joking mate.’ Blaise said.
Draco shook his head and looked at the stairs, just at that moment Hermione appeared at the top of the stairs with Ginny. Hermione was looking down and when she looked up her eyes met Draco’s. She gave him a small smile with her red lips. Draco was frozen on the spot.
‘She’s beautiful.’ he said.
‘Close your mouth mate, you’re drooling.’ Blaise said hitting Draco on the shoulder.
Draco rolled his eyes and walked over to the stairs.