Chapter 1

'Good morning mum.' Hermione smiled, walking into the kitchen.
'Good morning.' her mother said, looking up from her newspaper and giving her daughter a smile. 'Do you want tea?'
'That'd be nice.' Hermione nodded.
Her mother got up from her seat and filled the kettle with water. She waited for the water to boil before pouring the hot water into two mugs and placing both mugs on the dining table before sitting back down.
'Morning.' Hermione's dad said, rubbing his eye with the back of his hand.
'Morning.'
Hermione's dad gave the two of them a kiss on the cheek before making himself some coffee. After breakfast Hermione hurried back upstairs to get some reading done. She grabbed her copy of Romeo and Juliet from her nightstand and opened it, but the moment she just wanted to start reading something ticked on her window. Hermione looked up and saw an owl outside, letters in its beak. Hermione quickly got up and let the owl in, taking the letters from him and giving him a treat. 'Thanks.' Hermione grinned at the owl before sitting herself down on her bed and eagerly opening the envelope with the Hogwarts crest on it.

Dear Miss Granger,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy to finish your last year here.
Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
School starts 1st of September.
And there will be a surprise awaiting you.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall,
Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy

A broad smile appeared on her face when she finished reading the letter. She had hoped to receive a letter from Hogwarts, but the last thing she had read in the Daily Prophet was that Hogwarts was still undergoing major renovations, so she didn't know whether there was going to be a new schoolyear at Hogwarts this year. Hermione ran downstairs and waved the letter in the air as she made her way into the kitchen where her parents were still sitting. 'Guess who got accepted at Hogwarts to do her last year?' Hermione cheered.
'Really? That's great, Hermione.' her mother smiled.
'So you're going back?' her father asked.
'Yes?'
'Are you sure about this? Wouldn't you rather finish your last year at a normal high school? Somewhere without dark lords you have to hunt down to save the world?' her father asked.
'The dark lord is gone dad, he won't be able to cause any more trouble.' Hermione said matter-of-factly.
'I just want to make sure you're going to be safe this year and you won't find it necessary to remove our memories because there's someone trying to kill you.' her father remarked skeptically.
Hermione sighed. 'No dad, there's no one who's got their mind set on killing me.... as far as I know.' she muttered.
'Alright then, but the moment you're in any kind of danger, I will personally come to get you.' her father said sternly.
Hermione nodded, crossing her fingers, hoping no one would try to kill her that year because she really wanted to graduate and finish a year without any kind of danger, threat or problems for once.
'Would you like me to help you packing?' her mother asked.
Hermione nodded once again, giving her mother a smile. She was happy she could finish her last year with her best friends.... at least, if her best friends were allowed back as well. Hermione remembered the other three letters the owl had brought with him. Hermione made her way back upstairs and dropped herself on her bed, taking the other three letters before opening the top one.

Dear Hermione,

I hope you're having a great (might I add, well deserved) break. I wanted to let you know that I am accepted back at Hogwarts again. We can finish our last year together, well, I'm obviously assuming you're accepted as well. It's good over here at the Weasleys. We are having fun, though it's hard to be here after what happened. We all miss Fred a lot and George isn't joking around as he used to do. He has changed. But I guess that's inevitable and we all have. Can't wait to see you again.