Chapter 12

Her mind was shouting at her, trying to keep her from moving and to do the right thing, but what was the right thing at this point? Her boyfriend wasn't treating her right, now did he? But was it right to do this when she was still together with her boyfriend? No it wasn't, it certainly wasn't. She couldn't help closing her eyes as she slowly moved forward and within a heartbeat she felt Draco's soft lips touch hers. Butterflies fluttered against the insides of her stomach, making a blush spread across her cheeks. The shouting stopped and it seemed that everything else around her disappeared apart from Draco. She felt like she had gone through a tough, long journey and had finally arrived home, where she was safe to be who she wanted to be. She had never felt like this before, this strange warm sensation travelling through her body and entering her chest right where her heart was situated. She smiled against Draco's lips and after within a moment, too short for Hermione's liking, Draco pulled away from her. Hermione was breathless as she looked up into Draco's blue, grey eyes and received a smile from Draco. He seemed different. His features had soften to a point he seemed completely and utterly calm and relaxed. 'I- I-' Hermione started.
'Sssh.' Draco shushed with a small smile, softly pressing his finger against her lips.
Hermione looked up at him and tried to wrap her head around what was happening.
Ron. One word, one name, that made her step back from Draco and look at him with widened eyes.
'I- I can't. I'm sorry.' Hermione whispered, quickly making her way towards her room. She sat down on her bed and lifted her hand up, tracing her lips with her finger. A small smile appeared on her face and she felt giggles making their way up her throat, only to disappear a second later and the smile faded quickly. What had she done? And what was she supposed to do now? If she told Ron she had kissed Draco, Ron would be furious. She had to keep it to herself and pretend it never happened, but did she want to forget this? She had never felt like she just had before in her life. No, she didn't want to forget, but she knew she had to.

Draco stared at the closed door that hid Hermione behind it. He couldn't believe they had just kissed, but as he tried to wrap his head around the occurred event he shook his head. How could he have been so stupid? She was together with someone, with Weasley for Merlin's sake. She would never forgive herself for this. Plus, they wouldn't work out. It wouldn't be right for them to be together. No one would agree with it. They are too different from each other. How could he have been such an idiot? He knew he had to apologize to her. Draco frowned as he walked up to her bedroom, only to stop in his track, staring at the wood that separated him from the girl he liked. This could be done the next day, he first should process all of it himself before giving her his apology. He sighed, slowly stepping away from the door and walking over to his room, where he lets himself fall back on his bed, the images of Hermione in her dress, standing close in front of him, clear in his mind.

'What are you doing here?' Hermione asked.
Ron turned around to face her, only to reveal an unconscious Draco lying on the ground behind him. A gasp left Hermione's lips as she stared at the motionless body of the guy she had kissed. 'What have you done?' she whispered, her eyes darting back up to Ron's face.
'He was a problem and problems have to be solved.' Ron said with a grin.
'What? He wasn't a problem.' Hermione said.
'He? He was the biggest problem in our lives. I merely did what was right for us.' Ron said, stepping away from Draco. 'Are you coming?'
'No.' Hermione said, staring down at Draco.
'Excuse me?'
'I'm not coming with you.' Hermione said sternly, looking back up at the redhead.
'Oh is that so?'
'Yes.'
Ron's head started to turn red as he stared at her, only to draw his wand out a moment later.
'EXPELLIARMUS!' Hermione yelled, quickly catching Ron's wand. 'Flipendo!'
Ron flew back against the wall, just hard enough to knock him out. Hermione quickly made her way over to Draco and kneeled down next to him, trying to feel a heartbeat. Hermione held in her breath as she searched for a sign of life, but it seemed he there was none.
'Draco?'
'Draco wake up!'
She didn't get a response, making her heart drop to her stomach and tears roll down her cheeks. 'Draco, wake up!' she told him, staring down at his lifeless body. 'Please, I don't want to live without you.'