Chapter 46

‘That’s it I guess.’ Draco said as they walked outside.
They had left two minutes after the past Draco had made his way back to the common room.
‘What do you mean?’ Hermione asked.
‘The end of our journey, you know what will happen next.’ Draco said shrugging.
Hermione nodded.
‘I’m sorry.’ Hermione sighed.
‘It’s not your fault.’ Draco said.
‘I wish I could change something about it.’ Hermione said softly.
‘But I can’t.’ Hermione said.
‘I know, don’t worry about it.’ Draco said.
‘Don’t say that everything.’ Hermione said.
Draco turned his head to look at her.
‘You’re making me nuts.’ she said.
‘Of course I worry about it, I don’t enjoy seeing you like this Malfoy, it hurts.’ Hermione said.
‘And you seem to think I don’t bloody care, but I do! I do care. I can see it hurts you and I don’t want you to be hurt because of me.’ Hermione said.
‘Her-‘ Draco started.
‘No! Stop it!’ Hermione said.
‘You know what, never mind. I need to be alone.’ she said and she turned around, fast walking in the other direction.
‘Hermione.’ Draco called after her and she heard his footsteps coming after her.
‘I want to be alone Draco, I’ll meet you later.’ she said.
‘It’s not allowed to be seen Hermione! We only have one cloak.’ Draco said.
‘I know, now go, I’ll meet you later.’ Hermione said, not looking around as she walked further away from Draco.
To her relief she heard him stop in his track and sigh. She felt tears had welled up in her eyes and she didn’t want him to see it. She had to be on her own and calm herself down. She ran to the Black Lake and when she got there she sat down, catching her breath.
‘I do care.’ she thought.
‘Why wouldn’t I? We’re friends, right? At least I thought we were making progress. We, I mean I, wasn’t trying to strangle him every time he breathed out, he had stopped to annoy me, he had showed he did care about me and listened to my stupid complains and “problems” even when I had seen Ron and Lavender kiss while I thought Ron and I were still together.’ She thought.
‘Did that hurt him? I don’t think I would be very happy to hear such complains, especially from the person you like a lot. How must that have been for him?’
Hermione looked around to check for any other sign of living, but there was no other human being to be seen around. She turned back to the Black Lake and looked over to the surface of the water. The sun made the water glitter.
‘We have to get back to our time.’ Hermione thought.
‘We have to go back to our friends, we have to go back so we can walk around without a cloak draped around us.’
Then Hermione heard footsteps and when she turned around to see who it was she saw it was someone she hadn’t expected to see ever again in her whole life, Pansy Parkinson. Pansy walked over to her and stopped when she was close.
‘What are you doing here?’ Hermione asked getting off the bench she was seated on.
‘I came so I could speak to you.’ Pansy said.
‘How did you come in?’ Hermione asked watchful.
‘I had some help.’ Pansy said shrugging.
‘Why did you want to speak to me?’ Hermione asked looking behind Pansy and around her, but she didn’t see anything or anyone else.
‘I heard you had amnesia.’ she said ignoring the question Hermione had just asked.
‘I guess so, yes.’ Hermione said.
‘What do you remember?’ Pansy asked.
‘I’ve been told all of this is your fault.’ Hermione said.
‘Yes heard, but who says it’s true? You can’t remember, now do you?’ Pansy said.
‘Parkinson, you can’t talk me into some lies of yours, everyone has seen it, almost the whole school has seen you do it, has seen you throw a spell at me. I know it’s you, even though I can’t remember.’  Hermione said.
Pansy shrugged.
‘Don’t you regret it? If you hadn’t done it, you would still be allowed to be here.’ Hermione said.
‘That’s it really, I don’t. It was stupid to do, to risk my future for some stupid mudblood, but I guess you deserved it.’ Pansy said.
‘Haven’t changed a bit, did you?’ Hermione said.
‘Why would I?’ she said shrugging.
Hermione shrugged.
‘So you just came here to give me a bad feeling? To remember me I’ve got amnesia and don’t remember a part of my life, a part I’m missing now.’ Hermione asked.
‘I came here to warn you.’ Pansy said.
‘What a pleasant surprise, thank you very much, but I don’t need your “protection”.’ Hermione said starting to walk away from Pansy.
‘I think you do.’ Pansy said.
‘And why would that be?’ Hermione asked turning around.
‘Because this is about your lovely boyfriend, or what should I call him? Ex-boyfriend now?’ Pansy asked.
‘What are you talking about?’ Hermione asked.
‘He’s not who he says he is Granger.’ Pansy said.
‘Why would I trust you?’ Hermione said.
‘I don’t know and I don’t care, but don’t blame me when you find out yourself that he isn’t who he says he is.’ Pansy said.
Hermione frowned.
‘I don’t believe you.’ Hermione said.
‘Your bloody life, I can’t decide for you what you believe and what not, and what you’ll do with it and what not.’ Pansy said as she turned around.
‘But if I were you, I would watch my step.’ she said without looking around.
Hermione followed her until she couldn’t see the girl she hated the most in the whole wide world and then sighed. She walked back to the bench and sat down, looking out over the lake. Then out of the sudden she heard a scream. Hermione fast stood up and ran in the direction from the screams he had just heard. When she got there she saw Draco looking at someone and then she saw it was Pansy, who he pressed to the wall.
‘Draco!’ Hermione said running over to him.
Draco had his wand pointed at Pansy.
‘Go away Hermione.’ he hissed.
‘Let her go.’ Hermione said.
‘No, go away Hermione.’ Draco said.
‘No, I’m not going away! Now let her go Malfoy!’
Draco turned his head to look at her with surprise showing in his eyes.
‘I mean it!’ Hermione said.
‘She’s not worth it.’ she said.
‘She’s the cause of your amnesia, if it wasn’t for her, we wouldn’t be standing here, if it wasn’t for her, you would still know everything and if it wasn’t for her, we were still happy, together.’ Draco said.
Hermione could see the hurt on his face and swallowed before she spoke again.
‘I am happy Draco, please let her go, she isn’t worth it.’ Hermione said.
‘Please.’ Hermione begged.
Draco turned back to Pansy and pulled his arms back.
‘Don’t ever show your bloody face again.’ Draco hissed.
Pansy looked over at Hermione, who gave her a quick nod, and then she ran away from them.
‘Thank you.’ Hermione said relieved.
Draco walked over to Hermione, who wrapped her arms around his neck and was pressed close to him.
‘I don’t know what I would’ve done if you weren’t here.’ Draco said.
‘Something stupid, as always.’ Hermione said.
Draco smiled. Hermione pulled back and took a few steps back. Then she saw the cloak laying on the ground and walked over to it, picking it off the ground.
‘You just threw this on the ground?’ Hermione asked.
‘Sorry, I had a complete blackout when I saw Parkinson.’ Draco said.
Hermione got back up and then saw Pansy pointing her wand at Draco. She just opened her mouth when Hermione ran over to Draco, threw herself in front of him and cast a rebounce spell. The two spells bounced against each other in the middle and after a few seconds, Pansy was thrown backwards. Hermione panted and looked at Pansy who was laying on the ground.
‘Hermione.’ Draco said softly
‘Don’t worry about it.’ Hermione breathed.
‘You almost gave your life for mine.’ Draco said softly.
‘I said don’t worry about it.’ Hermione breathed still looking at Pansy who was laying on the ground.
‘Is she unconscious?’ Hermione asked.
‘I think she is.’ Draco said.
‘We have to get away from here.’ Draco said grabbing Hermione’s wrist and pulling her after him.
‘Come on Mione.’ Draco said.
Hermione turned around and ran after him, but then she was hit by something and everything went black.

Hermione groaned and slowly opened her eyes. When she wanted to lift her hand up to her head she noticed they were tied down. When she turned her head she saw Draco sitting against the tree next to her, still with his eyes closed.
‘Where the hell are we?’ Hermione thought.
‘Look who’s awake.’ Pansy said.
‘Did you do this to us?’ Hermione asked.
‘Not directly, but yes.’ Pansy said.
‘Just let us go.’ Hermione said, trying to get rid of the rope.
‘Why would I?’ Pansy said.
‘You know what I don’t get, why he likes you so much, why he would go through everything he has been through for you.’ Pansy said.
‘Knowing you can’t stand him.’ she added.
‘That’s not true!’ Hermione protested.
Pansy raised her eyebrows.
‘Don’t you think it’s unfair what you’re doing to him?’ Pansy asked.
‘Keeping him on a liege.’ Pansy said.
‘He deserves much better.’ Pansy said.
‘Like you?’ Hermione said.
‘For an example.’ Pansy shrugged.
‘Someone who first hits him with a spell and then ties him down to a tree?’ Hermione said.
Pansy rolled her eyes.
‘Parkinson, just let us go.’ Draco said out of the sudden.
Hermione turned her head to look at him. They both hadn’t even noticed him waking up.
‘Good morning to you too.’ Pansy said smirking.
‘What are you planning on doing this time to ruin our lives?’ Draco sighed.
‘Who says I’ve got a plan.’ Pansy said.
Hermione was still trying to get rid of the rope and out of the sudden it worked. Her hands were free to move again. Hermione fast got up and wanted to draw her wand out, but noticed it was gone.
‘Looking for this?’ Pansy asked holding up the wand Hermione was looking for.
‘I’d fancy to have it back.’ Hermione said and then flung herself on Pansy.
Pansy pushed Hermione away, with a bleeding nose, and pointed the wand at Hermione.
‘Don’t you dare to move a bit.’ Pansy said.
‘What are you going to do?’ Hermione asked.
A smirk came up on Pansy’s face.
‘Avada Ke

A/N:

There it finally is! I'm so sorry it took so long and if you follow me you probs already read it, but I'm really busy with school lately so I don't have a lot of time to write :/ which sucks
I hope you like this chapter, and sorry if it makes no sense or anything, I'm tired and it's to early actually hahah
thanks for reading, voting, adding this story, following and waiting :)

xxc