Chapter 24

It was the day that the train would leave, bringing the students back to King’s Cross Station for their vacation. Hermione and Harry would be at the Burrow for their whole vacation, Ron had ensured her that he had send his mother a letter where in stood that they had broken up and that they were both dating someone else. Ron had told her that his mother had send a letter back where in stood that Hermione didn’t had to worry that she would be mad, ‘If it’s not meant to be, it’s not meant to be, you can’t change your feeling.’ Molly had written. She had also written that Hermione was still part of the family and Hermione had been happy to hear that. Hermione closed her bedroom door and put her luggage down. Hermione walked over to the couch where Draco was waiting for her, with a green apple in his hand, and she kissed him.
‘Ready?’ He asked.
Hermione nodded and Draco stood up. Draco walked over to their luggage and lifted both his and Hermione’s up.
‘You know I’m quite strong, I can carry my own luggage.’ Hermione said.
‘Yeah I remember how strong you are Granger. Well, my nose does at least.’ Draco said.
Hermione couldn’t help but laugh to herself quietly remembering the time she punched Draco in the nose in their third year.
‘Well you did deserve it Malfoy.’ She said.
Draco was quiet for a moment.
‘Yeah I know.’ He said eventually.
‘Come.’ Hermione said.
They walked out of their common room and she turned around to Snape.
‘I hope you’ll have a restful holiday professor.’ Hermione said.
‘Thank you Miss Granger, have fun and merry Christmas.’ Snape said with a quick not.
Hermione and Draco walked downstairs and Draco put their luggage down next to the rest of the luggage.
‘Hermione over here.’ Ginny said behind them.
Hermione turned around and smiled at her friends, she pulled Draco with her and stopped in front of them.
‘Ready for Christmas?’ Ginny asked.
‘Of course.’ Hermione said.
‘Is your mother picking us up at the station?’ Hermione asked.
‘Yes she does.’ Ginny said smiling and then Harry caught her attention again.
They waited for the carriages to arrive and Hermione turned to Draco.
‘Is your mother coming to pick you up?’ Hermione asked.
‘Yes, how could she meet you if she didn’t?’ Draco asked smiling wrapping both of his arms around her waist.
‘Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that.’ Hermione said and she felt immediately nervous.
‘Little bit nervous?’ Draco asked smirking.
‘Maybe a little.’ Hermione said looking up.
She had wrapped her arms around his neck and he looked down at her.
‘Don’t be, like I said she has changed and she had send me this morning another letter, telling she was looking forwards to meet you.’ Draco said.
‘Really?’ Hermione asked.
Draco nodded and then gave Hermione a gentle kiss on her lips.
‘I hope there won’t be a lot of photographers on the station.’ Hermione said.
‘When we went back to Hogwarts there were none right?’ Draco asked.
‘Yes but that’s because McGonagall had arranged that. They were not allowed to come on platform 9 ¾ .’ Hermione said.
‘Really?’ Draco asked.
Hermione nodded.
‘We’ll see.’ Draco said.
Hermione sighed and gave Draco another kiss, but she pulled away after Ron had cleared his throat.
‘The carriages are here.’ Ron said.
Hermione turned her head and then nodded. She pulled her arms back and Draco left one arm around her waist. They stepped into one carriage and sat down. The carriage began to move when Harry, Ginny, Ron and Lavender had sat down.
‘So what are you going to do?’ Ginny asked Draco.
‘Oh I don’t know, this will be a rough Christmas for my mother, she has always been together with my father and now he’s not there, plus she has just heard about the date for his trial.’ Draco said.
Hermione squeezed his hand a bit and he gave her a small smile.
‘Geez, that’s a lot to take indeed.’ Ginny said.
‘And how are you thinking about the trial of your father?’ Harry asked.
‘Oh I don’t know really, I think he’ll get the Dementor’s kiss.’ Draco said.
Harry nodded.
‘And he deserves it, he deserves worse, he has done so many wrong things.’ Draco said softly looking down.
‘If I hadn’t changed I would sit right there, where he now is.’ Draco said softly.
‘But you’re nothing like him Draco.’ Hermione said.
Draco looked at her and he gave her a small smile.
‘You’ve changed and everyone can see it.’ Hermione said.
‘That’s true, you’re a nice guy, nothing like you were.’ Ginny said.
Draco looked up at Ginny and smiled at her.
‘Thank you Ginny.’ Draco said.
That was one of the first times Draco had said Ginny to her, he had always called her Weasley. Hermione looked at her boyfriend and smiled. She felt this was the beginning of a new friendship. Draco could really get up with Harry and Ginny, he was nice to Ron too, but Ron was the one who still called him names. Most of the times Ron got a punch on his arm or a kick under the table of Ginny, Harry or Hermione herself. Luckily Neville, Seamus, Dean and Luna thought he was okay and they had been friendly towards him. They talked with each other when Draco was sitting with Hermione at the Gryffindor table and had laughed, so that was a good start. Ginny had of course helped him with something and Hermione still didn’t know with what, but she was kind of ashamed for the way she had been acting, thinking he was in love with her best friend, locking herself up in her bedroom. So she didn’t ask him, she didn’t want to bring up the thoughts of that time back in his mind. He had once said he found it pretty cute that she had been jealous and of course Hermione had claimed that she wasn’t jealous but just didn’t feel well. The carriage stopped and they all stepped out on the platform. Draco wrapped his arm around her waist as they walked towards the train, followed by Ginny, Harry, Ron and Lavender. They stepped into the Hogwarts Express and Hermione and Draco walked to the Head Prefects cabin. Draco opened the door and they walked in. The train started to move after thirty minutes and Draco and Hermione made it themselves comfortable.
‘So what was your favourite childhood story?’ Draco asked.
‘I don’t know really, I think Alice in Wonderland or Snow white.’ Hermione said.
‘Really those two?’ Draco asked.
‘Do you know them?’ Hermione asked surprised.
‘Well yeah I do.’ Draco said.
‘Did you read my books I put in our bookshelf in the common room?’ Hermione asked smirking.
‘Maybe I did.’ Draco said smiling.
Hermione had put all of the books she had brought with her, except for the schoolbooks she needed in class, in the bookshelf that was standing next to Hermione’s bedroom door.
‘My mother and father read it for me when I went to bed, they then laid down next to me and read the story. I loved it.’ Hermione said smiling thinking back of her childhood.
‘Did you have a nice childhood at home?’ Draco asked.
‘Yeah I had.’ Hermione said with a small smile looking at her boyfriend.
‘How was it at your home?’ Hermione asked.
‘Not really great, when it was snowing and my father was working, my mother let me go outside to play in the snow, making snowman or snow angels,  writing my name in the snow, but before my father was home I had to remove all the evidence that I had been outside. Because my father said “Malfoy’s don’t act childish, they act like man.” One time I forgot to wipe my name away in the snow in our garden and my father had seen it. He had been angry and punished me, it hurt even more because he used magic.’ Draco said looking down.
‘Oh Draco, I’m so sorry.’ Hermione said standing up and sitting down next to Draco.
She wrapped her arms around his waist and she gave him a tight hug.
‘It’s okay, I just didn’t really had a childhood. I had to be mature when I was just a child.’ Draco said softly.
‘It’s not okay.’ Hermione said and she gave him a kiss on his lips.
She felt sorry for him, he had to be what his father wanted him to be. He couldn’t chose for himself, his father did that for him, with everything.
‘I can’t believe I once looked up at him, I wanted to be like him.’ Draco said.
‘I’m ashamed that he’s my father.’ Draco said.
‘But you don’t look at him at all.’ Hermione said.
‘Yes I do.’ Draco said.
‘No you don’t.’ Hermione said.
Draco rolled up it left sleeve and shower Hermione the Dark Mark. Every time she saw that mark she shivered.
‘And what about this? My past will stay with me forever. It doesn’t matter where I go to, or how much I change, it will follow me everywhere. All because of him.’ Draco said.
‘But that’s not your fault, if you would’ve rejected it to be a Death Eater back then, the Dark Lord would’ve killed you and maybe even your family. You did what everyone would’ve done, you protected the people you loved.’ Hermione said sitting up straight.
Draco didn’t look at her. Hermione placed her hands on both side of his face and she slowly turned his face.
‘It’s not your fault.’ She said looking into his eyes.
Draco sighed and gave her a small smile.
‘Thank you.’ Draco said.
‘No problem.’ She said.
‘No really, you’re the best thing that has happened to me.’ Draco said.
Hermione smiled.
‘So I’m a thing now.’ She said.
Draco laughed and gave her a kiss.
‘Not even close.’ Draco said after he pulled away.
‘You make me feel different.’ Draco said.
‘When I’m with you I’m happy, as if nothing in the world can hurt me.’
Hermione looked at him and smiled.
‘I feel the same.’ She said smiling.
‘I never want to lose you, I want you to be always by my side, you’re my better half.’ Draco said.
Hermione gave Draco a tight hug and then kissed him on the lips.
After a few hours they stood up and walked out of their compartment with their luggage. Hermione and Draco stopped in front of the cabin where Ginny, Harry and Ron were in. Hermione opened the door and sat down next to Ron after putting her luggage with the help of Draco with the luggage of the other three. Ron was sleeping and Harry and Ginny were snogging.
‘So this is what you’ve been doing the whole time.’ Hermione said.
Harry looked at Hermione and smiled.
‘Yeah we kind of did.’ Ginny said smiling.
Draco had sat down next to Hermione and had put his arm around her shoulders. She leant her head against his shoulder and looked outside. They were almost at the station. Then Hermione remembered that she would meet Draco’s mother for the first time as his girlfriend. Hermione began to feel nervous. Draco looked down at her and smiled.
‘Something bothering you?’ He asked.
‘No not really, just that I’m going to meet your mother for the bloody first time.’ Hermione said.
‘You’ll be okay.’ Draco said.
‘What if she doesn’t like me?’ Hermione said.
‘Who doesn’t like you?’ Ginny said.
‘Well I don’t know, the Slytherin’s for an example.’ Hermione said.
‘But Slytherin’s are just stupid gits.’ Ginny said.
‘No offence.’ She said quickly when Draco looked at her.
Draco laughed.
‘I wouldn’t tell them that if I were you.’ Draco said.
‘Not planning on doing.’ Ginny said smiling.
‘But don’t worry, she’ll love you.’ Draco said.
‘I hope so.’ Hermione said.

A/N:

Shall Narcissa like Hermione? Is Draco right that his mom will love Hermione just as he do...
And how would both of their Christmas be? Far away from each other and what kind of presents will they get from each other?
Thanks for reading my story and thanks for the voting, means a lot :)
I'll try to update as soon as possible, but I've got this whole week tests so I'm quite busy.
xxc