Chapter 74

George came walking into the Great Hall with a big smile plastered on his face. He hadn’t had another expression since the moment Fred was in St. Mungo’s. Obviously Fred had to recover from the Imperius Curse that Rodolphus had used upon him, but apart from that he was fine. Mr and Mrs Weasley couldn’t believe it, their son, who had died in the Wizarding War just a year ago, was alive and well. But still, the big question was; how? How is it possible that Fred is still alive? The possibility of him not being the real Fred, but someone else using a Poly Juice potion isn’t in the picture anymore. St. Mungo’s made sure of that. And the DNA test they had done on Fred came out positive. So it really has to be Fred, Fred Weasley, twin of George Weasley, brother of Charlie, Bill, Percy, Ron and Ginny Weasley, son of Arthur and Molly Weasley.
George sat down next to his sister and got some mashed potatoes and roasted chicken on his plate.
‘What are you doing here?’ Ginny asked.
‘Checking up on you.’ George said, messing Ginny’s hair up.
‘Stop it!’ Ginny said annoyed, reaching up to fix her hair.
‘How’s Fred?’ Ginny asked.
‘That’s why I’m here, I thought it should be better if I told you in person.’ George said.
‘What?’
‘Fred’s going home tomorrow.’ George said.
‘Isn’t that a little early? It has just been a week.’ Ginny said.
George shrugged.
‘I don’t care, he’s alive and well!’ George said happily before shoving a fork full of mashed potatoes in his mouth.
‘You’re disgusting.’ Ginny said looking away from her brother, who had clearly forgotten the fact that it wasn’t polite to eat with your mouth open.
‘Sorry sis.’ George said.
‘So where’s our beloved Draco on this amazing Saturday morning?’ George asked looking around.
Ginny sighed and looked down at her plate.
‘Where do you think?’ she said, biting her lip as she tried to keep the tears from rolling down her cheeks.

Draco walked down the street with the small bouquet in his tight grip. He looked down at the pavement, sometimes looking up if there wasn’t coming anyone in his direction. He had walked down this road, every single day. He couldn’t leave her alone, not even now, not even when she was like this. He stopped and looked up at the huge gate that led to the graveyard. He sighed and bit his lip before he continued his way to his Hermione.

‘Ron?’ George said cheerfully, poking his head around the corner.
He saw his brother curled up underneath his duvet, still fast asleep. George smirked and silently walked in. Ginny had told him the password to the Gryffindor common room. George looked around and found a bucket. He used a spell to fill it with cold water before letting it levitate through the air, stopping it right above Ron’s head. George smirked before he let the bucket spill the cold water over his younger brother. Ron screamed and jumped out of bed. That’s when he saw George and started yelling.
‘YOU BLOODY IDIOT! FOR MERLIN’S SAKE! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!’
Harry shot up in bed with raised eyebrows. He quickly took a hold on his glasses and put them on before he face relaxed.
‘That explains it.’ Harry muttered before letting himself fall back on the bed.
‘Good morning boys.’ George smirked.
‘I’ve got some good news to tell you!’ George smirked.
Ron muttered something under his breath, but George chose to ignore it.
‘Fred’s going home tomorrow!’ George said.
‘Really? But it’s only been a week!’ Harry said, sitting back up in bed.
‘Are you sure?’ Ron asked as he pulled his button up pyjama shirt off.
‘I am one hundred percent positive.’ George smiled.
‘That’s something good!’ Harry said.
‘I don’t think I will be able to handle anything bad at the moment.’ Ron sighed.
Harry shook his head in agreement.
‘Everything will be okay.’ George assured them.
‘But Hermione-‘ Ron started.
‘Don’t think about that! Just try to focus on your not-so-dead brother.’ George said.
Ron sighed.
‘Come on guys! Cheer up!’ George said.
‘I’m not going to let you ruin my good mood!’ George added.

‘How are you?’ Draco asked as he walked into Fred’s room about half an hour later.
‘I’m fine, the big question is, how are you?’ Fred asked motioning for Draco to sit down in the chair next to his bed.
Draco shrugged as he sat down.
‘Bad.’ he sighed.
‘It’ll be okay.’ Fred reassured.
‘Where is everyone? You’re never alone when I come and visit.’ Draco said.
Fred laughed.
‘I send them home. Mum and dad were making me crazy.’ Fred smirked.
‘It’s good to see the whole family reunited.’ Draco said giving him a small smile.
‘It’s good to be back.’ Fred smiled.
‘Can’t imagine what it must’ve been like for them.’ Fred sighed.
‘If it would’ve been George….’ Fred trailed off.
‘But it wasn’t and you’re back now too.’ Draco said.
Fred nodded.
‘Was it weird seeing me with everyone?’ Draco asked.
Fred looked over at him.
‘Yes, it sure was, but after they explained everything I was fine with it.’ Fred shrugged.
‘You’ve been a good friend for everyone I’ve heard, taken care of them.’ Fred said.
‘And the past is in the past.’ Fred finished giving him a small smile.
Draco nodded.
‘I’ve done some horrible things myself I imagine, being under an Imperius Curse caused upon me by none other than your evil uncle Rodolphus Lestrange.’ Fred said.
‘That’s different though, you weren’t yourself.’ Draco said.
Fred shrugged.
‘Yes, but it was still me doing the things, even though it wasn’t my intention to do them.’ Fred said.
Draco nodded again.
‘You know, life’s hard, that’s why you should enjoy the little things more. Those small things that makes a smile appear on your face are the best and you should cherish it more.’ Fred said.
‘That’s true.’ Draco agreed.
‘I’m just going to live my life day by day and see what’ll come my way.’ Fred said.
‘You still have the shop and George just opened a new one in Hogsmeade.’ Draco said.
‘He did? He didn’t even tell me!’ Fred said.
‘Perhaps I just ruined a surprise?’ Draco said.
Fred laughed.
‘I’ll act surprised.’ Fred winked.
Draco gave him a small smile.
‘Good.’