Chapter 6

When Hermione woke up the next morning she felt great. Because it was weekend  she could stay in bed for a little longer. She closed her eyes for a few minutes before pushing herself out of bed and walking into the common room. She sat herself down in front of the fireplace, which they had forgotten to put out the night before. She stared at the flames, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips. After a few moments sitting alone she heard a door opening behind her, making her turn around in her chair, only to see Draco walking out of his room. She gave him a smile before her eyes travelled down to his pyjamas.
'Good morning.' she said.
'Good morning.' he smiled as he walked up to her.
'Nice pyjamas.'
'Thanks, same for you.' Draco chuckled, looking her up and down.
Hermione turned to look at Draco and bit down on her bottom lip. She had never really looked at him, but he was quite handsome, especially since he'd dropped those horrible characteristic ways of his. His muscles stood out, not only on his arms and surely his back, but also his stomach was toned. Her eyes lingered a little too long on his stomach and when her eyes travelled back up to his face she saw him stare at her, an amused look plastered on his face. How had she never seen he was handsome before? Handsome.... what was she thinking? She shouldn't even be thinking of him. She's still in a relationship with Ron, she should first figure out what to do with that situation before jumping into anything else.... but why was she even considering jumping into something else? Especially with Draco Malfoy. Hermione scrunched her nose up at the thought and shuddered, shaking her head, trying to get her thoughts straight again..... she still loved Ron, right?
'Do you want to go to breakfast?' Draco suggested.
'Sure.' Hermione shrugged.
'Do you want to go first?' Draco asked.
'Go first?' Hermione asked confused, looking over at Draco next to her in the other seat.
'To get dressed?' he replied.
'Oh, yes sure.' Hermione nodded, getting up from her seat and walking over to her bedroom to grab her things before making her way into the bathroom. She took a quick shower and wrapped a towel around her body before walking back into her room.
'You can go.' Hermione let Draco know through the closed bedroom door but she didn't get an answer. Hermione sighed and turned to grab her bathrobe, wrapping it tight around her before opening her bedroom door. Draco turned around in his chair and look up at her, but when he saw what she was wearing his cheeks flushed and he quickly fixed his eyes on her face. 'Okay.' he said, getting up from his seat.
Hermione closed her door and opened her wardrobe. She ran her fingers along a blouse and pulled it out of her closet, only to shake her head and mutter a "No, not this." before placing it back. After pulling a few different outfits out of her closet and still not feeling like it was the right thing to wear she sat down on her bed with a sigh. She stared at her clothes in her closet, only to let out a groan. Why was she trying to look "great"? Why was she trying so hard? Her clothes were okay and comfortable. Normally she'd just look for clothing items that'd look good together and pull it on, but why does she feel the urge to look better at this moment? She shook her head and got up from her bed, pulling a pair of jeans and a Gryffindor-red knitted jumper out of her closet and pulling them on.  When she was done applying some mascara she made her way out of her room and into the common room, only to see Draco waiting for her there.
'That took you long.' he chuckled.
'Sorry.' she muttered.
'You look nice.' Draco said, checking her from head to toe.
'Thanks.' she said, giving him a small smile. 'Ready to go?'
Draco nodded and walked alongside Hermione out of the common room. When they arrived in the Great Hall they went their separate ways and Draco walked to the Slytherin table and sat down next to Blaise and opposite Goyle. Hermione made her way over to the Gryffindor table and sat herself down next to Harry, opposite Ginny and Ron.
'Took you long, didn't it?' Harry chuckled, bumping his elbow playfully against her arm.
'Sorry.' she smiled, grabbing a slice of toast.
'You're in a good mood today.' Ginny remarks with a smile, looking at her best friend.
'I guess.' Hermione shrugs smiling.
Ron stared at Hermione and gave her a smile. He felt like it had been a long time since he'd seen her smile like that, happy like that. He was glad to see her this way, he loved her and he wanted the best for her.
'What about we'd go to Hogsmeade today?' Ginny suggested.
'Sure, that'd be fun.' Harry nodded.
'Count me in.' Ron grinned.
The three of them turned their eyes on Hermione, waiting for a response.
'Sorry, I have so much to do, I honestly don't have time.' Hermione said.
'Ahw come on!' Ron said pouting.
'Are you sure? I'll pay your butterbeer.' Harry tried.
'Yes I'm sure, I'm sorry guys.'
'Alright then, but next time you're going with us.' Ginny told her sternly, pointing her finger at Hermione, narrowing her eyes.
Hermione nodded, granting Ginny a smile as she took a sip of her tea. After breakfast Harry, Ron and Ginny joined the other students to Hogsmeade and Hermione made her way over to the library. She took the book she needed from the bookshelf and made herself comfortable at one of the tables there.