Pregnancy Scares and Baby Bears

Y/N's POV

(An: Instead of writing 'Y/Bf/N' every time I'm just gonna call her Mia... But if your name is Mia then call her Amber or something, I don't know! Or you can just use your actual best friend's name. Enjoy.)

So next week finally rolled around I had to leave early in the morning to take Mia to the hospital for her appointment.

"I'm so scared, I threw up 6 times since last night." She nervously ran her fingers through her hair.

"I'm pretty sure it wasn't because you were nervous, it's probably just morning sickness." I shrugged.

"Don't say that!" She playfully hit my shoulder and held onto her stomach. "You're gonna make me feel nauseous again."

"You need to calm down." I exhaled, pulling into the hospital parking lot. "You're gonna scare your little baby." I teased as we got out of the car.

We- well, I made it to the front desk to check her in, she needed to run to the bathroom to handle a few things.

I sat by myself in the waiting room until she got back. "Everything will be fine, I promise." I tried to assure her but she didn't seem to calm down.

"Mrs. Horan, the doctor will see you now." The nurse smiled over at us and we got up. She lead us to the room where you get your temperature taken and Mia sat in the chair.

"So I'm just gonna check your blood pressure, heart rate, and weight." The nurse said, putting her clipboard down so she could wrap up Mia's arm to check her blood pressure.

"So you're here to find out if you're pregnant?" She asked, carefully monitoring the machine and writing the information down.

After she was done Mia relaxed a little and rubbed her arm. "Uh, yes I'm actually a little nervous." She signed, holding her finger out so the nurse could check her pulse oximetry.

"There's nothing to worry about! Carrying life inside of you is one of the greatest experiences you can ever have." She said, motioning for her to stand up so she could check her weight.

After that she lead us to the actual doctor's room and told us that the doctor will see us shortly.

"I haven't been in a doctor's room since Edward was born." I hummed, sitting in the chair that spins. Don't judge my childish behavior.

"Aww how cute... Now you can experience me giving birth!" She snapped, reaching in her bag to pull out a bag of doughnut holes.

"You just randomly carry around doughnuts in your purse?" I raised an eyebrow at her as she started stuffing her mouth.

"I've been craving them since last night so Niall bought them for me this morning." She shrugged, holding one out for me to take but I shook my head.

Soon after that the doctor came in and I got out of her chair so she could examine Mia. "Hello Mia Horan, how are you feeling today?" The doctor asked, walking over to wash her hands.

"A little nauseous this morning but I'm feeling fine now." Mia said, putting the doughnut bag back in her purse.

"Well the morning sickness is normal for the first 3 months but you should be fine pretty soon." The doctor said.

"Oh I'm not pregnant! Well, at least I think I'm not.... That's why I came here." Mia said, nervously running her fingers through her hair.

"Well let's find out. Just lay back and get comfortable while I look for my ultrasound gel." The doctor smiled, walking over to the cabinets.

You know the process; she put the gel on her stomach, moved the monitor around on her until our ears filled with a small sound of the baby's heartbeat.