Chapter 36

Omniscient

Za'Rayah sat in silence in her apartment.

She stared the TV which wasn't on.

She'd turned her phone off so nobody would annoy her. She wanted to be alone.

It'd been a day since the major fallout with Chris. After she realized he wasn't gonna believe her, she gave up. She packed her things and left to go home.

She hated herself.

All she had to do was open her eyes and see that it wasn't Chris who was on her. See that is wasn't Chris who kissed her. See that it was Knox.

It wasn't like they had sex. She opened her eyes just in time before he could really do anything.

Just the thought of it angered her causing her to throw the remote at her TV resulting in it cracking.

She huffed trying to compose herself.

Luckily Chris hadn't released any statement on their relationship. This meant everyone thought they were still together.

She decided to eat some food to comfort herself. She turned on her phone.

She got up from the couch and went to eat the food she got after she landed before coming home.

She warmed up the foot long hot dog she got from Sonic.

Taking it out of the microwave the aroma hit her nose and she felt her stomach do flips. She ran to the bathroom and threw up everything in her stomach.

She sat on the bathroom floor as her head spined.

She sighed standing up. She looked in the mirror and tilted her head to the side. She examined her puffy eyes and pale face.

This was truly eating her alive. She couldn't fathom how he'd given up so quickly on their relationship. She felt like it couldn't be the end. There was still hope.

While she was going through the motions, Chris had just got off stage from his concert. He was worn out and his emotions were all over the place.

Once he settled down in his hotel room, he stared at the ceiling.

He couldn't lie and say he wasn't hurt. How would you feel if you walked in and saw the love of your life, naked, kissing someone else?

Love of my life...

Chris was heartbroken. He knew that sometimes he treated Rayah wrong but he didn't thunk that would push her to cheat....

They we're just getting started and finally happy.

It was all too good to be true. It was all too much to grasp.

How could she?

He knew he was wrong for some of the stuff he said to her but he was upset. He felt betrayed and he warned her to stop or he would say something. She didn't listen.

He knew he was wrong for not hearing her out and calling her out of her name. He should have listened but there was nothing to explain. He knew what he saw.

A little voice in his head was telling him to call her and get her side. His pride beat the voice away and he was back to thinking negatively.

She cheated.

She lied.

She deceived him.

Yet, he still wanted to call her and tell her how much he loved her and how hurt he was.