Chapter 3

Za'Rayah POV

I walked around Chris's kitchen looking for something to cook for Royalty. I decided to cook her some homemade chicken tenders. I sat her in a high chair so she could watch. I gave her a cookie and her tablet to play games.

As I seasoned the chicken she spoke.

"Rayah! I want some..."

"It's not done yet.", I said smiling at her.

She sat the tablet on the counter and began to cry.

"Noo. Don't cry.", I stopped, going to the fridge to get her a kid cup of milk.

I handed it to her and she drunk some as she continued playing.

I heard footsteps and looked up to see Chris walking in.

"Hey baby!", he yelled scooping Roy up and kissing all over her cheeks and face.

"Daddy.", she said giggling.

I smiled and put the tenders in the oven.

He sat her back down and looked at me.

"Wassup. How was Roy while I was gone.", he asked.

"She was sweet as always. A little fussy but I could handle it."

"That's good. What you cooking?", he asked walking over to the oven.

"Homemade chicken tenders.", I nodded speaking. It was awkward knowing the fact that he tried to fuck me last night.

"Ooh. Well she's knocked out now.", he said looking back at her.

Just that quick she was asleep with her head on the counter. I giggled at the sight and picked her up. I carried her upstairs and Chris followed as I sat her on her bed and rubbed her head.

"Your great with her.", he complimented.

"Yeah. Good for a girl with no experience huh?", I laughed.

"I didn't mean it like that. I was just making sure I had the right girl watching my child.", he said in defense.

"I'm not a girl. I'm a woman. Thank you boy.", I rolled my eyes.

"Boy? I'm a man.", he said mugging me.

"Having a baby doesn't mean your a man. That makes you a boy with a lot of responsibility. Girls wanting you do doesn't make you the man. And you fucking all these hoes and groupies does not make you a man either.", I said rolling my neck.

"You so judgmental. You got a metal picture in yo head of what you heard about me and you using it against me.", he shook his head.

"For one, I barely know shit about you to give a damn about what people say about you. I don't care about that. Two, I'm not judgmental. I've been through too much to judge
the next nigga about his life. Stop fuckin' testing me dude. Talk shit you know.", I said getting angry.

Chris POV

I bit my lip as she took a breather. She look sexy as hell when she mad. I wouldn't be with her but she cute. She a lil fiesty.