Chapter 16

Za'Rayah POV

"RYAN! Oh my gosh...you play so much.", I laughed into my phone. I met Ryan two weeks ago, a day after me and Chris kissed. He's super sweet. I don't wanna rush things between us though. That's what I did with Chris and you see how that went.

He's taking me out to dinner later so I called him to see what I should wear.

I had my outfit picked out and I was just about to get dressed when he called.

"Ray, you better tuck that ass away too. Nigga was looking at you the day I met you. Glad I got to you first.", he joked.

That was true. That day, several guys asked for my number and I just so happened to give Ryan mine. He seemed different with his approach.

I hung up the phone and got dressed.

Chris POV

"Chris...are you even listening?", Kae asked as we ate our dinner.

Believe it or not, it's been three weeks since I've kissed Rayah and I just saw her leave the restaurant laughing with a nigga.

I was spaced out. Ever since I kissed Za'Rayah the other day, she's been on my mind. I honestly still love Kae but the love I have for Za'Rayah is complicated. I've never felt this type of love.

Its like when she cries or is sad, my soul cries. If she's away for a long time, I get depressed. Kae is supposed to fill her void, but she's not doing a good job.

"Chris!", she snapped.

"Yeah, I'm listening.", I lied.

She huffed.

"That's one of the reasons we broke up. I always listened to your problems and I did lots if things that you ever returned.", she said sadly.

"Look, I'm sorry aight? I'm going through so much lately. A lot is on my mind.", I explained.

"Well calm down. Relax and talk to me. If we wanna build something back up, we gotta communicate.", she explained.

I nodded.

"So you went to Dubai, I heard. You helped out with some sick kids down there?", I asked.

She nodded.

"It was a humbling experience. Next time you should come. Those kids we're so excited that we could make their lives better. We fulfilled their wishes.", she said brightly.

That's the good thing about Kae. She's so humble and sweet. And very loving.

"Yeah, I might come. My tour got pushed back a week so we start next Monday. I'm ready for that. The album was great and I'm excited to see the fans."

"I bet. They're crazy when it comes to you. Ride or die.", she laughed along with me.

There was a little silence.

"Chris...why'd you do it? What did I do?", she asked referring to the cheating.

"It wasn't you. It was the lifestyle. Sometimes I don't make the best decisions. I get caught up with these chicks and I don't really think of the outcome. I'm truly sorry though.", I apologized.