Chapter 1

Za'Rayah POV
(Her above *I changed her character from the prologue*)

(I changed it a while back so if it's the same person from the prologue, you read it after I changed it 😂😂)

I nervously pulled in up the long driveway. I ran my fingers through my hair to make sure my appearance was OK. I didn't want to make a bad first impression with Christopher.

I got out of my car making sure to click the locks on the handle before getting out. Unlike other people my car didn't come with one of those automatics lock keys, because I bought it used. I shook my head and walked to the door, knocking three knocks. The door opened revealing Ms. Joyce.

" Rayah! Hi, I'm so excited for you too meet my son. He has been looking for a nanny for quite some time. It seems all the girls white seem qualified for the position, end up throwing their selves at him. It's crazy. You seem like a nice girl so I wouldn't expect that from you. You might even put him in his place.", she laughed welcoming him in.

"Wow.", I gasped in awe. "This is a beautiful home.", I complimented.

"Thank you.", a male voice answered, making me turn around.

"Your Za'Rayah Monroe right?", he questioned.

" Umm yes. Yeah. That's me.", I laughed nervously. I want starstruck or anything. I was just surprised the the Christopher Ms. Joyce explained as her son, was actually Chris Brown. The singer.

"Well let's get to it then. You can come in the living room. My daughter is up there sleepin'.", he informed me. I nodded and followed him to the huge living room. It was like 10 of my living rooms put together. Like Damn!

"So watchu want this job for?", he asked licking his lips.

"Well uh. I'm new here in L.A. and my finances aren't at their best. I moved here from West Garfield Park, in Chicago, its a rough city but I made it out. Anyways, I love workin' with children, after I get all my stuff together, I plan to become a pediatric nurse.", I smile after taking a deep breath.

" So watchu tellin' me is...you have no experience with children?", he questioned.

"Well I've babysat before, but never full time like 24/7."

He let out a breathy laugh and looked at his mother. My face turned a light share of pink from embarrassment.

"You say she different because the others had experience and she don't?", he laughed.

I shook my head looking at my lap. It took everything in me not to go off. I'm not no G but let's just say, I don't take shit from nobody.

"Chris...", she warned.

"I'm just sayin ma. I thought you brought me somebody worth letting my child be around.", he explained.

"Look.", I cut in. "I'm not that experienced but I can properly watch a child. I'm not slow or dumb. I know how to cook, clean, and be alert with any and everything concerning a child. I wouldn't come here for a damn job, not know in how to do ANYTHING! You don't even have to give me the job. I'm cool without it. I can find something else. Thank you anyway, Ms. Joyce.", I said grabbing my purse about to leave until I felt arms wrap around my cab muscles. I looked down to see Royalty.

"Hey princess!" , I said excitedly picking her up.

"I seen yhu at store!", she giggled pointing at me.

"Yea. We did meet at the store.", I smiled. "You still giving your gammy a hard time?", I asked her. She shook her head no laughing.

"Good. Always be respectful to you gammy and daddy. You do want to grow up to be a princess right?", I encouraged.