Chapter 34

Omniscient (1 week later)

"So you've never had any experience with music? Never performed. And your first time ever writing a song was with Chris?", the A&R asked Za'Rayah.

"Correct.", she nodded.

Chris was doing a meet and greet in Florida and she was supposed to be in Carolina waiting for him for the next two days. That quickly changed when she got a call from Interscope Records saying they wanted to meet her for some business.

She hadn't told Chris about the meeting in fear that it would start another argument. She just wanted a plan b just in case RCA passed her up.

"Well, even with no experience. Looking through this song book, I see you have alot of bright ideas.", the woman smiled.

"Oh, thank you! I really just started writing things lately. I think of it as my therapy Ms......", Rayah explained and trailed off forgetting the woman's name.

"Ms. Freeman and that's great! A lot of our writers that we sign relate more to the artist depending on emotions."

Za'Rayah nodded and their conversation was cut short by a knock on the door. In walked a woman in a suit with a displeased look on her face.

"May I help you?", Ms. Freeman asked.

"My client has been in the waiting room while you've been in here in this meeting for an hour and three minutes.", she displeased woman spoke.

"Oh! You're Mr. Lanez's manager? I'm sorry for the wait. Ill wrap this up within twenty minutes.", Ms. Freeman explained earning a nod from the manager.

"Did you mean Mr. Lanez as in Tory Lanez?", Za'Rayah asked.

She'd heard so much of Tory's music and she admired his versatile style and writing skills.

"Yes. He's signed to us now and we're trying to find a co writer for him.

Za'Rayah's eyes lit up.

"You are a very bright young lady and Interscope would love to have you on our team. Now, we allow our interests four weeks to think about signing. We hope to hear from you within that time so we can work with you stronger and sooner."

"Okay. And your interested in me right?", Za'Rayah asked.

Ms. Freeman laughed.

"Of course. Now how would your 'boyfriend' Chris feel about this? I'm sure you've talked it over?", she asked.

"We actually haven't yet. I'm exploring my label options.", Za'Rayah assured her.

"Perfectly fine. Thank you for the meet.", Ms. Freeman said standing and shaking Rayah's hand.

"No. Thank you for being interested in me.", Rayah beamed.

After the whole meeting she left from the headquarters and made her way to the hotel she had reserved for the next hour or so. She made sure she booked her flight to North Carolina before she pounced on the bed. She decided to give Chris a call.

The phone rung three times before he answered.

"Hey babe.", he spoke.