Chapter 15

❌❗❗Please leave inline or regular comments.❗❗❌

🆗❔❕🆒❕❕

Za'Rayah POV

"Happy birthday princess!", I said as I walked into the house. Chris was feeding her pancakes and she was loving it.

"Happy birdayyyy!", she screamed clapping her hands. I sat her presents on the floor.

"No. It's your birthday, not mine.", I said kissing her cheek.

Chris looked over my appearance and a solemn look appeared on his face. He shook his head lightly and kept feeding Roy.

Hmmpphhh...

"Hey Chris." I said acknowledging his presence. I don't wanna completely ignore him.

He looked up with sorrow filled eyes.

"Hey..."

"Are you okay? You seem down. If anything I should be the one upset. You hurt me.", I informed him.

I admit, I am bitter about the situation. Who's wouldn't be? He practically embarrassed me in front of everyone. Everybody knew about the song but me.

"It's just...I've missed you.", he said, not taking his eyes from Roy.

"Oh.", was all I said. I refuse to fall back into his little trap. I'm too good to be played.

"Rayah, don't do this. Don't torture me. I know I hurt you, but don't make me suffer because of it.", he pleaded.

I laughed a little. Here he is trying to play victim, when it's his fault anyways.

He shouldn't have betrayed me. I know I seem a little harsh, so I'll tone it down some.

"Chris look, it's gonna take a while to forgive you, but eventually I will. I understand what you chose so I'll have to live with it. Ill try and be happy for you, even though I don't feel like you made the right decision.", I spoke exhaling.

A light smirk appeared on his face.

"Thanks. ", he said standing up to hug me.

"Ah ah ah! No. We ain't on that level yet. We're cordial.", I explained.

"Aight cool. As long as I can still see you.", he shrugged going back to his duty.

As I was about to say something to him, Ms. Joyce walked in.

"Happy birthday granny's baby!", she exclaimed kissing Ro's forehead.

"Yayy!", Ro yelled clapping.

"Za'Rayah, honey you look beautiful.", she complimented me. "Chris, I need to speak with yo ass.", she stated flipping the script.

I held in my laughter. I never pictured her as a swearer.

"Mama, I can explain-"

"No! You could have went a different route with it. Not that way. If you wanted Kae back, you could have simply sent her roses and asked her on a date. Not broadcast it in front of the whole world, in front of the girl you 'supposedly' feel something for. Sweetie isn't that a little harsh?", she asked him.