Chapter 10

Chris POV

Za'Rayah sat cautiously at the table and looked dead at me. 

"They set us up.", we said in unison before laughing. 

 "I'ma kill Mike.", I said shaking my head. "You look beautiful by the way."

"Thanks. You look handsome.", she said blushing.

"I know. You know, I always look good.", I swept my shoulders playfully.

"So...this is a date huh?", she questioned nervously, looking around at the lit candles and the wine that the waitress had sitting on the rocks. 

"I guess so. We might as well have had one. It was gonna happen eventually.", I smirked.

"Oh really?"

"Yup. If I woulda asked, and you wouldn't have turned me down right?"

"Hmmmm....", she thought tapping her chin.

"Oh forreal? I see how it is.", I laughed. 

"No but seriously, I think I would have probably said yes. Maybe.", she smirked.

Lyin ass.

"Whatever Rayah. You already know wassup."

She shook her head giggling as she sipped her champagne. I watched her intently and she stared back at me and winked. I reached over the table and grabbed her free hand.

"Why do you insist on playin with me?", I asked her.

"Whatchu' talkin bout?", she asked tucking her hair behind her ear and leaning forward.

"Keep on.", I said releasing her hand.

"I will. Trust.", she replied crossing her legs in the booth seat.

Before I could speak again the waitress came to take our orders. Luckily she didn't try anything or Za'Rayah woulda exchanged words with her.

Once the waitress left to bring out food back, we sparked up another convo.

"So Chris. How's Dezirey?", she asked.

"Ion know. We haven't talked since last week sometime. I gave her some money to get her hair done.", I said lying to see her response. I actually haven't seen her in about two weeks.

"From the looks of it, the girl never uses the hair money you give her. Her hair actually is kinda slayed. Not in a good way, maybe in a Santa Clause way. Kinda resembles his beard.", she said sipping her champagne again.

I laughed so hard I started to choke on my drink. Once I revived myself I spoke again.

"Nah Nah. That was mad rude. You ain't have to cross the line like that.", I said calming down. "I was lying though. I ain't pay for nothin'. I haven't talked to her in bout two weeks. Around the time we last saw each other before today."

She got quiet. And looked away.

"I'm sorry about what I said that day. That was disrespectful of me. I didn't mean to hurt you. I just have a short temper. I know I led you on. I was feelin' you though. I was just so confused. If it makes you feel better, when you left I didn't smash Santa weave. ", I said scratching my neck.

She giggled.

"Its fine. I accept your apology. I know I kinda over reacted. Its just that, I don't really know anybody, and you we're the first person I trusted in a while. I was feeling you too.", she sighed.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't know how to. I don't wanna risk my job, to try something."