Chapter 27

Chris POV

I wanna make loooovvveee
Yeah
I wanna make love to you baby
That's all I wanna do....

I sang yet another song from my album and I immediately heard the screams from my fans in the crowd.

Of course I had to grind and dance seeing as this was one of my 'Take you Down' type songs. The ladies favorite.

"Chris I wanna have your son!", some random girl screamed from the crowd.

I only laughed because these days, ladies will do anything to be with me. For the looks. A select few will actually care about me, like Rayah.

I saw her behind the curtain with an unreadable look on her face.

She was fine as usual. My focus on her faded when Lucas walked up to her.

Saturday is two days away and I'm nervous as hell. I don't want anything to ruin what I've planned. I've fucked up my chances with her so much that I can't afford to mess up again.

Lucas kissed her cheek and I saw her face go from light to a fair shade of pink.

I brushed it off and kept singing through my songs.

Eventually it was over and I rushed off stage after saying goodbye to my fans and telling them to slide by the after party.

"No, I don't want you to.", Rayah whined.

"I gotta go use the bathroom ma, it'll be two minutes.", he laughed.

"Alright.", she huffed letting him go.

I studied Lucas intently because it was something about him that was off. I don't know what it is...

I made my way to Za'Rayah.

"Sup.", I nodded.

"Hey, any luck?", she said with hopeful eyes.

"Lil bit. We know he's still in Vegas. I hired extra security and we contacted my management to give the building owners pictures of him. Just in case he tries to get in the buildings and arenas. Hotel's too.", I assured.

She sighed like a ton of bricks was lifted.

"Thank you so much. I was so worried.", she breathed.

"No problem. I told you I had you."

"You did. And you kept your word.", she said smiling.

"I need to talk to you about something.", I said sighing.

"What is it?", she asked.

"Well...I was wondering...are you and Lucas a thing? Like are y'all seein' eachother?"

"No, we're friends. I can say that we have a LOT of chemistry. We get along with each other and he's so sweet.", she beamed.

"Oh.", was all I said. What could I say? I can't say anything until Saturday.

"I'm back. By popular demand.", Lucas's lame ass stated as he walked up to Rayah. She giggled at his joke and stopped once she looked at me.