Chapter 22

Za'Rayah POV

"Damn, did we fall asleep on the movie?", Lucas asked me.

"I guess so...", I said stretching.

"Well we can watch it again another time I guess. We got plenty of time.", he said shrugging.

Sweat beamed on his forehead.

"Why don't you take off your hoodie? You seem a little hot.", I said to him.

He nodded sliding it over his arms.

"There. I can breath.", he laughed.

We fell into a silence. I gazed into his eyes again and he looked away. He started fidgeting with his fingers and he fiddled to find his phone. Once he found it he typed in the code and locked it back.

"Lucas?", I called out.

"Wassup?", he asked.

"Why are you so...how can I say it...jumpy? You seem tense all the time , like something is bothering you.", I spoke.

"Like I said before, I be having alotta shit on my mind. Ion wanna talk about it." He shook his head.

I didn't dig further. I left it at that.

"I wanna try something with you.", he said looking at me.

"And what is that?", I asked.

"Tomorrow I wanna take you out. Can I? ", he asked.

"Oh I don't know...", I trailed off.

"If it's about Chris then I unde-"

"No! No, it's not him. I just don't know if I wanna date yet. I'm enjoying myself right now.", I explained.

"Just one, and it doesn't have to be a date. Just a friendly outing.", he pleaded.

"Oh alright. I guess. What time?", I asked.

"9pm. After the meet and greet.", he explained.

"Okay cool. Umm...I guess I'll go back to my room.", I said awkwardly.

"Wait.", he said walking up to me. He backed me into the wall and lifted my chin up.

Oh my... he's gonna kiss me....he's gonna kiss me.

"Your earring fell off.", he said putting it in my hand.

I exhaled.

"Y-yea. Thanks.", I said rushing out of the room.

As I was stepping out of the room I saw a drunk Chris stumbling to his room.

"Dez! Girl...", he laughed holding on to the wall. "Why you leave me like that...", he said.

As I got closer and closer to him I noticed his words weren't slurred at all and he was very aware of his actions.

"You let them niggas do that shit to me? Hmm?", he yelled.

I walked closer to him, calling out his name. He turned his eyes widened.

"Za'Rayah I-", I cut him off running up to him.

"Chris, what the hell happened to your lip?", I asked studying it.

He was silent.

"I know you hear me...", I said touching his bloody nose. It was leaking of blood.

He still wouldn't answer.

I grabbed his arm pulling him to his room. As soon as I opened the door I saw Deziray packing her bags.