Prologue

Za'Rayah Parker(in mm)

"Ma Please stop it! You don't need him!", I screamed crying to my mama, who was holding on to her boyfriends leg as he packed his belongings.

"Get the hell off me!", he said kicking her into a wall.

I screamed in horror as her nose started to bleed from the kick.

I'm sixteen at the time and I live with my mama in Chicago. West Garfield Park.

I rushed to my mama's side and held her in my arms.

"Mama we gone be ok...stop begging this nigga!", I said burning a hole in her boyfriends head with my eyes.

"No, No, No....You can't leave...", she said freeing herself from my arms and running into him.

He grabbed her neck and held on tightly.

I was scared for her life.

Being from Chicago, you can always have easy access to weapons if you need one. Luckily I had just purchased a gun not to long ago, for protection around here.

I rushed to my room, lifted my mattress, found a rectangular box, and got the gun out. I held it in my hand and took it off of safety. I ran back into the room where my mom was tussling on the floor with her boyfriend.

"Get off my mama or I'ma blow ya damn brains out!", I yelled at him making him get off of her and turn his attention to me.

He smirked and lunged for me. I shot the gun but her moved making me miss my target. He grabbed my hand and we fell to the ground. The gun dropped and I was now on the floor with him studding over me. I got up to run for the gun but he got there first. He picked up the gun and aimed it at me.

"This is what lil' bitches get when they wanna play tuff! You wanna be a gangsta huh? You wanna kill people? Now I gotta kill you.", he said as I heard a clicking sound. I gulped and closed my eyes.

Bang! Bang!

The bullet hit my mom, who jumped in front of me and caught the bullet. I looked at her limp body In front of me. He had shot my mama.

"NOOOO!", I screamed scooping her in my arms.

I looked up at him as he smirked.

Bang!

***

I woke up in a cold sweat from my dream. I felt over my body. It was untouched.

Another Dream about that night.

The night he killed my mama and i never saw him again.

The night I was changed forever.

The night god got another angel.

I sighed getting up from my bed.

I made my way to the kitchen to fix me some water and refresh myself. I always seem to have the same dream about that night. It never changes. It never shortens. I shook my head dad gulped down the ice cold water.

I looked around my one bedroom apartment and there wasn't much here. I had just moved to Los Angeles a week ago and I don't have much. Just a bed, a tv, and a couch.

It is now 10am and I pulled out my phone to check my emails. I had two emails about a job interview but I wasn't gonna take them because the jobs weren't gonna give me much money. I sighed and went back to my room to put on some clothes and go to the store to buy food.

I put on my white crop top, white jeans, and white huarraches. I went over to my mattress and pulled out my only stack of money. Five thousand dollars I had saved since I was seventeen. I'm twenty one now. It was hard to save money, living in a foster home with an owner who took every penny we earned.

I put the money in my purse and headed out.

***

As I was walking in the store I bumped into a little girl.

"Oh! Im so sorry sweetie.", I smiled picking her up, "Where's your mama?", I asked worried.

"Royalty! Royalty!", I heard a woman yell. I looked around and she spotted me and sighed in relief.

"Gammy! Hi!", the little girl waved at the woman.

"Girll... I swear you get that hard head from your daddy! I told you to stand beside me.", she said pointing at the little girl.

"Mmmm", she little girl trailed of as her lip trembled.

"Ohh dont cry....Gammy sorry. I was just worried.", she said taking her from my arms.

"She's a cute kid.", I smiled at the woman.

"Say thank you Roy.", she told the girl.

"Tank Tank", she said giggling.

"Thank you for finding her. She is a busy body. Im Joyce by the way.", she said giving me her hand to shake.

"Rayah.", I replied smiling and shaking her hand.

"This is my granddaughter Royalty.", she said.

"Oh Hey Royalty...", I cooed.

"I come to this store all the time and I've never seen you here. Are you new in town?", she questioned.

"Yeas Ma'am. I've been looking for a job too, which is hard to find down here.", I sighed.

"Well...I may be able to help you.", she smiled.

"My son is looking for a nanny for Royalty. You seem like a nice girl. Are you interested in the job? It pays well. He's a singer so he doesn't have time to be there always.", she explained.

"Wow! Umm, sure. When can I meet him to see the details.", I asked taking out my phone.

"Tommorow. I'll give you his number.", she said. She gave me the number and I saved it.

"What's your sons name?", I asked.

"Christopher.", she smiled.

"OK I'll see you tomorrow?", I asked.

"Yes. Thanks again!", she said walking off.

I hope he's a nice person because I will snap back, whoever he is. Back to this food...

___________

New Book!

Will start updating Dec 30th.

Comment

Vote

Share

What do you think of Za'Rayah?

Love ya!!!!