Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Claire's POV

He kissed me and I ran.

I always run. I run from everything cause its easier.

I thought everything was going fine. Maybe he was just drunk I don't know.

I'm happy with Austin, even though he hasn't called me or texted me since he left.

Whatever.

I stopped running by a fountain and sat down. Staring at the pretty water covered in lights.

"I found you" I familiar voice said gasping for air.

I turned to see Luke standing there bent over.

"Out of shape are we?" I asked with a smirk. He rolled his eyes and sat next to me.

"I'm so sorry" he said grabbing my hand.

"It's not your fault Luke" I said reassuringly.
"I'm fine".

"Not just because of my idiot brother. For being an asshole lately. And for taking Carly to the party" he replied sadly.

"I don't care about any of that. If you're happy I'm happy. I care so much about you. You are the closest person to me. And love is love. I know you have a history with her and I'm willing to try hard to like her if you really do love her" I said honesty.

"I don't love her I lov- Never mind. But Claire you are an amazing person. And I'm sorry everything is screwed lately." He said looking at the ground.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and was about to hug him when we fell into the water.

"Shit" I screamed and we both started laughing. We swam around in it and splashed each other until a flashlight blinded us.

"Excuse me but I'm gonna have to ask you to step out of the fountain" an old cop woman said irritably.

We both climbed out and accidentally splashed her.

"It is against the law to be in the fountain and to harm an officer" She said angrily.

"All we did was get you a little wet. You aren't gonna die" I relied.

She glared and pointed to her car.

"Get in the back I'm taking you in for harassing an officer and defacing public property" she said and we followed her into the car.

Why is she freaking out.

Wait. This is the cop I used to always antagonize.

I even set her barn on fire.

Shit. I'm screwed.

We arrived at the place and got put in a cell.

I started laughing remembering all the shit I did and always ended up here.

"Something funny" She said bitterly.

"Oh it's so nice of you to remember me. Your mustache has gotten bigger I see" I relied and Luke cracked up.

"And here I thought the devil moved to America" he mumbled storming off.

"Baby I'm back" I screamed and she slammed the door.

"This has been quite an interesting night" Luke said. And I nodded.

I filled him in on how we know each other an he laughed so hard he started tearing up.

We get a phone call soon. I'll James.

A different guy I don't know came in and gave me the phone I dialed James number and he freaked but finall agreed to bail us out.

About an hour later the dude opened the cell.

James and Sasha stood their looking pretty pissed.

We were allowed to go with a warning.

"This time" that old hag spat and we left laughing our asses off.

"I'm gonna murder you" James said starting up the car.

"I know" I replied with a smirk.