Trust The Process

Amiri POV-

"Where did you go?" Morgan asked me as I came in the house.

I ignored her and went to my room and locked the door. I pulled the gun I had got from Nutty out the back of my pants.

Nutty was in ROTC and after I told him what happened to Callie, we snuck into the weaponry storage and got one of the guns they used for training. I looked at it and put it in my book bag.

I had failed Callie once, I wasn't going to do it again. It was my job to protect my baby cuz and I was going to do whatever it took to do that

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. I rolled my eyes and ignored it.

"Amiri open the door so we can talk." Morgan said on the other side.

I was done talking to her and everybody else. The next time you see me, I'll be taking action.

"Miri." She said.

I ignored her and changed out of my clothes. I heard the door knob wiggle and eventually open.

"So you not talking to me?" Morgan walked in.

I ignored her, threw my clothes in my hamper and just got in bed. I didn't feel like dealing with anybody right now. I wouldn't be satisfied until I got revenge for Cals.

"Amiri, you don't think I hurt too." She sat on the edge of the bed next to me.

I scrolled through my phone ignoring her.

"Amiri." She put her hand over my phone so I could pay attention to her.

"Me and Quincy talked and we going to the administration and police department first thing tomorrow to file a report."

I moved her hand off my phone.

"He's going to pay for what he did to Cals." She said.

"I told you I felt something was wrong and you said everything was okay." I looked at her.

She sighed. "So you're blaming me?"

"if I wasn't wasting so much time trying to convince you my intuition was right I couldve gotten to Cals. But it's cool because I'm going to handle it. You weren't concerned yesterday, don't be concerned today." I went back to scrolling through my phone.

"I'm not gon let you blame this on me." She said. "It's none of our fault."

"No it's your fault because I told your dumbass something was wrong. And you was so convinced it wasn't. You don't give a shit about Callie. all she did for you."

"I can already sense this going south so Imma just sleep on the couch tonight."

"Yeah do that." I put my phone on the charger on my night stand. "I don't need you or Quincy to help me handle shit about my cousin. I got this."

"What do you mean I got this?" She turned to me.

I didn't respond. I got up turned off the lights and got under my covers.

She turned the light back on.

"What do you mean I got it?"

"Like I said I got it. Turn my light off."

She just stood there. "You better not be thinking about doing some stupid shit. The best way to handle it is the  legal route."

"Says the ex-con." I spouted back.

Her nostrils flared angry. "I know you mad, but you not gon talk reckless to me. That's what your ass is not gonna do."

I got up to turn off my lights. Then I got back in my bed.

Morgan turned the light on and started rambling through my shit.

"Where is it? Huh?" She said looking through my things.

"I don't know what you talking about and stop going through my shit."

She ignored and kept looking she grabbed my book bag, I hurriedly got up and snatched it.

"Amiri it is not worth it." Morgan said.

"To you it's not. If I have to shoot to no bullets left and I get a hundred years I'll gladly do it for Callie."

"We have to trust the process Amiri."

"Ain't nobody got time for no fucking process when that nigga raped Cals and is still breathing."

She sighed. "Prison is no joke Amiri and if you kill him ain't no getting out for you. I been there I know."

"I'll take my chance."

"If you do that Miri I can't stay here and be with you. I want justice just as much for Cals as you do. And yes I thought about that to. But we got to make better choices and trust God will give us the best revenge. I'm
Not gon watch you ruin your life."

I threw up my deuces. She shook her head and left out.

Sorry it's short, I'll make up for it guys.