It's My Birthday Part 1

Auggie POV-

"Happy Birthday my favorite man." My mother smiled brightly on the other end of my FaceTime.

Every birthday at midnight my mother called me. Usually Amiri was there with her so I guess she'd call him next.

"Thanks Ma." I said dryly.

"What's wrong baby?" She asked concerned.

"Nothing. Just tired." I sighed.

"Well I'll let you sleep. You and Auggie present should be there sometime today."

"Okay." I said short. Not really feeling like talking. As I had nothing to really celebrate this birthday. Everything important to me had walked out the door and on top of that, I had no say in whether a child that I was partially responsible for giving life to
Future. He or she was probably floating in a test tube somewhere by now.

That's how much Ra thought of me. You think so low of a nigga that has loved you unconditionally that you'd rather carry a rapist baby over mine. That's the part that really blew me. Like I was so small in her world, a man that brutalized her baby could see life, but a man that gave her his everything, wasn't worth shit.

I felt my eyes tearing. I quickly turned the phone the other way and wiped my face. The last thing I needed was my mama finding out about this drama. Yeah not having a baby would make it easier for my mother  to bare. But not easier for me or my conscious.

Sometimes I hate how I am made. It's like I feel so fucking deeply and I can't help it . Most guys my age, you tell them you pregnant, they'd be more than happy for you to get rid of it. But me, the moment you tell me something like that, I'm thinking of plans of how my family is going to be alright.

What new job I got to take on? How I can adequately work and go to grad school so Ra ain't got to do much. Moving back to Georgia so my mother could help us out, after she gets over the initial shock. Which she would've if I showed up on her doorstep with a newborn and my puppy dog face, after she kissed the baby and beat my ass. 😂😂😂

That's how my brain always works. Responsibility and how I can step up to the plate.

I blame my personality on my father.

People say I am exactly like him, and I suppose I was named A3 for a reason

I've seen my dad step up to the plate so many times. He has always, always, provided for my family. Made sure we had everything we needed. He took care of my mother more than he took care of himself and he loved her and he loved us hard.