No Interruptions

Amber POV-

I knew I had a lot of making up to do. I could've asked him, but I guess I was scared to know the truth.

Let's keep it real. Mama is pushing 60. I'm not there yet, but I'm on the low end of 50. My husband in his 40s, is still as fine as he was when I met him. He doesn't look like he aged a day. In fact, he looks better now,  than he did back then. And that does something to me as a woman.

Now that my boys are gone, that is my concern. Am I still enough? And of course he'll Say yeah, but does he really mean that?

I guess I expect him at some point to be like the majority of men and prove my insecurities right. Just one of these days where he isn't so perfect and doesn't love me as much.

I don't know why I wait around expecting it. Maybe because the world tells us as women we should. That we should expect to be disappointed by the men we love. That we should expect men to cheat and treat us less than. And although August has never done that, except for rare occasions at the beginning of our relationship and marriage. I just always expect the worst. So when it comes, I won't be disappointed.

But to know he was willing to give up his career for me by retiring early, I realized I should stop expecting the worse. I realized that the world is wrong. There are good men out there that love their women hard and they don't give you lemons, where we are left broken to make lemonade. But they give you seeds, that grow into beautiful gardens. And that's what August has given me. My life regardless of what I say, has been a beautiful garden since he has entered it.

So I was going to do what I had to do to make up.

I looked in the mirror to check myself. For the first time since we moved in this house. It was just me and my husband. No Sata. No O. No A3. No Miri. And I better take advantage of this now before my grand baby is born. 🙄

I'm still trying to process that. But he or she is coming and this is the last chance glam-ma is going to get to strut her goods uninterrupted. So I was going all out.

 I actually smiled as I looked in the mirror and sprayed my perfume

I actually smiled as I looked in the mirror and sprayed my perfume. Not bad for a future glam-ma huh? 💁🏿

I put on a robe, zipped it up and walked down the stairs and into the basement where August was watching ESPN.

He didn't even look over when I came down and I know he heard me.

He was laying down on the sofa with his hands behind his back. I went and sat on top of him. I bent down and planted soft kisses on his neck.

"I'm sorry for not telling you how I felt and assuming baby." I left a kiss on his lips.

He looked at me unmoved.