Good Kid

Miri POV-

"Tell Morgan she can have my room." I had my comforter and pillow in my hand.

I had already changed the sheets and stuff and cleaned it.

"Your room is a mess." Callie spat.

"Go look."

She stared at me. Rolled her eyes then opened the door.

"She still doesn't want you or never will." That's all she could say because she was salty my room was clean as shit. She act like she Morgan bodyguard or some shit.

"That don't matter to me know more. I'm doing it because it's the right thing to do. And I know I would die if I had to share a room with you." I went into the living room and sat my pillow and linen on the couch.

I hated sleeping on the couch, but all I could think about was what Noelle
Said. Connection. And how do I connect, let her know, I'm not no lame but I am a gentleman. That I do care. And not just about her body. Although her walking around in them tight ass yoga pants accentuating her ass. And that tank top, had my mind running wild. But it wasn't about that anymore.

"How do you think I feel about living with you." She rolled her eyes and went back into the kitchen to get the dinner tray she prepared for Morgan.

I had to give it to Callie. I bag on her a lot, but she had to have the sweetest, purest heart of anyone I knew. She didnt just talk Christianity, she lived it. God really shined in her heart. And best believe any nigga that tried to hurt her and change the person she was, me and Auggie would be in his ass. Callie was the only child, but I always considered her like my little sister. And she was like my best friend. I don't tell her this a lot. But I felt it and I know she did too, regardless of how much we fought.

I finished fixing the couch and laid down, turning on the tv.

But I knew I had to do one thing before it was too late.

"Hey baby." My mother smiled on the other end of my FaceTime. I gave Noelle and Callie a hard time about always calling their moms, but I had
To call mine too. I didn't want her to worry.

"Dang Ma FaceTime make your head look mad big."

"Boy." She sucked her teeth.

I chuckled.

"How was your day?" She asked.

"Okay. Found out I had an assignment due tomorrow. Like who does that?"

"They just want you to be ready baby."

"I guess."

"Who you talking to?" I heard my Pop say as he got in the bed.

"Her man." I screamed so my Pop could hear.

"Amiri." My mom said laughing

"Boy I was about to shoot you through
This phone." My Pop
Said.

I chuckled. "Love you Pop."

"Love you too knucklehead."

"So my baby's first day of college is tomorrow I'm so excited!" My mom clapped excited. "You got everything you need?"

"Yeah. It's some books I have to get because some professors didn't post the syllabus. But I'm good with everything else."