Making It Official

Auggie POV-

"What I got to do for you to trust me again baby?" I asked Ra as I ate my breakfast  in bed, watching her change before she had to wake up Na for school. She had just got out the shower.

"I just want you to do right. I'm not trying to share you with every hoe in America. If you say I'm yours, then act like it." She said taking off her towel and putting on her bra and panties.

"And I'm doing that and going to continue to do that. I'm not loosing you and Na-Na again." I ate a piece of my bacon.

"And I want you to be honest with me. If you feeling some type of way about us. Don't go to other bitches. I know I'm hard to deal with and I know, when Na was sick I was mean and stuff and taking a lot of shit out on you. So we was fighting all the time but keep hoes out of our business."

"I hear you. But what can I do to ease your mind? You want me to call you before and after class."

She stale faced me. "No. I just want you to do right by me. If you love me as much as you say you do. If you care for me as much as you say you do. You wouldn't do anything to hurt me anymore even if you are mad."

"I agree." I said eating some grits. "Speaking of doing right, I know what I want for my birthday."

"What?" She said putting on her jeans.

"To legally adopt Na."  I looked at her.

She stopped. Then proceeded to put on her top without saying anything.

"I am her dad, I should be recognized as that legally. Give her my last name. Which you will have in a couple of years."

She was still silent finishing getting ready.

"You gon respond or act like you don't hear me."

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"What?" I looked confused. "Why not?"

"Legally adopting her is not something you can change."

"And why would I want to change it?"'

"I love you August, you don't have to do that to show me."

"I'm not doing it for you. Im doing it for Shantel. I want her in my life permanently and I want her to have the Alsina name."

She didn't say anything.

"You really don't love me as much as you say you do, do you?"

"What are you talking about August?" She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Why don't you want me to be recognized as Shantel father?"

She didn't respond. She just kept folding her clothes.

"And when she call me dad, you never even give a reaction of joy or reaffirm it."

She didn't respond.

"So you not gon answer me?"