Praying Man

Callie POV-

I awoke to the rays of bright sunlight, burning my eyes. I preferred to just lie in darkness. Never seeing the light again. What is the point?

I don't know if I'm more angered by Quincy opening the blinds or me waking up. I would have much preferred to just die. I already felt dead. Everything I believed in shattered.

I was always taught that "God" would never leave you or forsake you. That's what it said in his word and its supposedly true. And I believed it with every ounce in my being.

Until...I woke up to this man pounding inside me and I was too weak to get him off. No matter how hard I fought. And this god, who doesn't even deserve an uppercase g anymore, never showed up. Never came. Never gave me strength. Just let him take what this god is so adamant about his "children" saving.

How could I be so stupid to believe in someone who I worshiped with my entire heart, obeyed with my entire being and advocated for with my entire voice, and wouldn't even show up for me in my time of need. I've come to believe that he's just about as real as Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.

"Close the blinds." I looked at Quincy as he removed some of his clothes from his chair.

He ignored me. "Your breakfast is over there. Well lunch. It's 3."

He pointed to a tray with a burger , drink and some fries from Burger King on the night stand next to the bed.

"Close the blinds." I told him again.

He looked at me, then put his clothes in his hamper.

I got up and ripped the blinds close so fast.

"Hey, don't break my shit cause you want to stay in the dark." He looked at me as I got back under the covers.

"Staying in the dark ain't gon solve nothing." He reopened them.

I put the covers over my head.

"Now you need to eat something. I can't really cook, so I bought you some Burger King."

I ignored him staying under the covers.

"Callie." He called my name.

"Callie." He ripped the covers off my face.

"Just leave me alone! Leave me alone!" I screamed in his face.

He tucked his lip for a short minute looking at me. Then said...

"Are you finished or are you done?"

I rolled my eyes and put the covers back over my head . I just wanted to be covered in darkness and for him to leave me alone.

I felt him sit on the bed.

"Cals I know you hurting. What he did to you, you didn't deserve. But you can't let that stop your life. If God ga--"

"Don't talk to me about god." I ripped the covers off my head and stared angrily at him.

"You was talking crazy yesterday and I let it slide but you taking things too far. If anybody is going to help you through this he will. God loves you Callie."