Food of my Ancestors

2 Months Later

Amiri  POV-

"Put the cake on the counter next to the slurpies." I directed Cals who walked through the door with balloons and a cake.

"Slurpies Amiri?" She looked at my choice of food to celebrate my baby's second month being enrolled as a culinary student with Chef Touissant. I had took it upon myself to be party planner and recreate Lil Wayne's 33 birthday dinner. Couldn't go wrong with that right? If it's good enough for Tunechi it's good enough for me.

"Popeyes chicken and slurpies?" Cals practically screamed

"What type of hot ghetto mess is this. We could've ordered Italian or something. When you said throwing Morgan a party, I thought you meant something nice. I knew coming from you it would be something." She shook her head releasing the balloons.

"First off don't disrespect my party planning skills. A hip-hop legend, legend, I repeat had this for his birthday. On top of that, Popeyes is a New Orleans delicacy that my ancestors ate. This was a sacred food
For them. So don't disrespect a legend and my ancestors." I said trying to make the food look as presentable as possible.

"Oh my God." She rolled her eyes. "I can't with you. I cannot." She went in her room to change before Morgan got home from class.

The door opened. Auggie, Ra and Shantel came through.

"Y'all brought the party hats?" I asked them as they came in.

Shantel brought them to me.

"Thank you lil demon." I patted her head.

"Ooooo icee." She looked at the slurpies wide eyed. "Could I have one?"

"Yeah when Morgan get here. It's a surprise."

"What the hell is this?" Auggie looked at my food choice.

"The food of my ancestors. Ra from a woman's perspective how I do?" I asked her as i finished re-arranging food.

She laughed. "I think it's cute."

"Don't lie to him." Auggie told her.

"It is. It's thoughtful and sweet. I can see why she always smiles around you."

"Aw thanks Ra. When you done dealing with a fuck nigga, come holla at a real one." I took her hand and kissed it.

Of course this made Auggie ass mad. 😂😂😂😂

"Amiri keep fucking playing with me."
He warned me as he picked up Shantel.