Chapter Fifty

January 1st

"I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow." Kaylin hangs her head over the side of my bed as I pack my stuff. "I know. It sucks. Seems like we've said bye to each other a lot more nowadays." 

She raises up probably because the blood rushed to her head. "Do you wish we didn't go to Gatlinburg? Or we would have waited to ride the Mystery Mine?"

I stare at the ground but nod. "Yeah I do. Sometimes. It just seems like things went wrong at that time."

"Me too, it gave me Nat but still." She sighs. "Poppy I'm sorry for being such a pain in the ass now. I just feel like you're replacing me with Chandler, which I'm sure you feel the same about Nat but still." 

"You don't have to apologize. You're just looking out for me. Thank you." I smile. She leans over and lightly punches my arm. "No probs bro."

~

We just got done packing my stuff. I just want to go home and make things like they used to be but of course I know I can't. Everyone's just gonna hang around the hotel tonight, not really doing anything. We've spent almost all day packing and goofing off so now everyone's gonna come over and we're going to do something. Not sure what though.

Nat and everyone else walk into our hotel room and sit down at different places. 

"We should do something." Nat says, throwing his arm around Kaylin. "Like what?"

"Truth or dare." 

"NO!" Everyone shouts at the same time, even Austin. Nothing good happens when we play truth or dare. 

"Would you ra-" 

"Nothing that involves asking each other questions." Kaylin says. 

"How about the park or something?"

"It's raining and almost dark."

Nat pouts and slouches on the couch. Karson twirls the flat Wubble Bubble in the air like pizza dough. We accidentally popped it earlier while packing. 

"How about a movie?" 

Kaylin grins at Alex's suggestion. She grabs her laptop from the coffee table and types quickly on it. Nat's eyes widen as she does.

"No, not again." 

"Yes again. Besides, some of us haven't heart it." She grins looking over at Alex and Chandler. "Kaylinnn." Nat whines. Alex's cheeks start to flush red.

Soon enough the familiar sound of 'Thump Thump Thump' starts playing. 

"THUMP THUMP THUMP GOES MY HEART AGAIN." Kaylin screams along to the music. 

Once again, that's how we spend our night. Listening and embarassing each other with old videos of ourselves. Somehow Kaylin managed to find an old video of me from like six years ago. It was great, other than Chandler didn't really talk to me that much nor did he pay attention to anything that happened. But it's whatever. Doesn't hurt that much. 

-

January 2nd

Too many goodbyes. Not enough hellos. 

We're back in Georgia. Now that I know my best friend is over 1000 miles away from me, I'm not sure what to do anymore. Chandler and I broke up to top it all off. So now I'm laying on my bed staring at the ceiling. The tears stream down my face. I don't bother to wipe them away. What's the point? I'm obviously not good enough. At least not for him. All of this was one huge mistake. I was just something to pass the time.