Chapter Twenty Six

September 24th, 2016

The past week Katherine has been worrying her head off about the wedding. She's worried that Kaylin will come and do something to sabotage it so at first she wasn't going to let her come but Karson, Elliot, and I convinced her. That and she couldn't find another bridesmaid at the last minute. 

"So," Kaylin starts, glancing in the mirror as the woman who's doing her hair scolds her for turning her head to look at me. "What's the plan for the weekend?" 

I shrug earning a frustrated sigh from the woman doing my hair. "Other than the wedding, I don't really know."  We're now being tortured before the wedding by getting our hair and makeup done. The people who are doing it are getting really frustrated because we keep making facial expressions and other weird body movements that effects their work. 

Silence takes over for at least 10 minutes until the ladies finish. They hand us each a pair of heels and tells us to put them on. 

Kaylin groans. "Yano, Katherine could have been just a little considerate." She grumbles staring at the shoes in disbelief. 

[Outfits below]

"True. I hate how she wants the wedding to be as 'pure' and 'traditional' as possible. I mean, what's pure about marrying a man who was cheating on his wife with her anyways? I bet half the people here don't even know the real story and that they've just told them that the feeling was mutual, which is why my mother is sitting in Knoxville right now drinking herself to death." 

One of the ladies that did our makeup must of been eavesdropping because she speaks up. "Honey, don't cry, I'm not redoing your makeup." 

Kaylin grabs my wrist and drags me out of the room and into the hallway. "Where does Katherine find these people?" I shrug. "Maybe I should go jump in the pool." 

Kaylin grins. "Maybe after, I don't want to get kicked out yano." I nod. "So, are they going on a honeymoon?" She asks. "I don't think so. Not until Fall break at least. They don't really trust us at the moment. Actually, I think they're making us go on it too." 

I look over at the clock on the wall and frown. Who puts a clock in the hallway? Apparently Katherine does. 

We still have an hour until we have to get ready to walk out in front of everyone. "Hey, Poppy, Kaylin." Elliot says walking over to us. "You look fabulous by the way, but Grandma wants to see you." I look up at him and over at Kaylin. "Where is she?" "Kitchen." 

I nod and Kaylin loops her arm with mine. "I love Grandma Waver, she always gives us candy." She grins.

Elliot's grandma is the stereotypical grandma, always bringing cookies and giving out candy and stuff. She loves Kaylin and I so I'm pretty sure she's ecstatic about my dad marrying her daughter.

Kaylin drags me into the kitchen and over to Grandma Waver who is talking to one of my future step-cousins. 

"Poppy dear! Kaylin! You both look so lovely." She exclaims hugging us both. "Why, I think you've grown since the last time I saw you both!"