Chapter Thirty Six

*Still October 17

"Poppy?" The girl known as Brianna says. What is she doing here? She's supposed to be in Florida sucking faces with some other guy. Does she know about Chandler and I? 

I force a smile onto my face. "Brianna, hi." 

Kaylin comes out of her stall and stares at me then to Brianna then back to me. "I'm gonna go uh, go see if Nat's out. If you need me we'll be in the arcade with everyone else. Uh, bye." Kaylin rushes out. I really hope she has germ-x. 

"So uh, what are you doing here?" I ask. 

"I came to talk to Chandler. I feel really bad about what happened. Turns out the guy I thought I liked was a total douchebag." 

Guilt. 

"How'd you know we were in the Bahamas?" I ask, then mentally facepalming. Chandler probably told her before they broke up.

"My friend from highschool, Grace, she called me, told me he was here so I decided to come surprise him and everything." She smiles. Grace put her up to this? 

"Oh." I look around realizing we're in the bathroom. "Yeah, uh, Chandler's in the bathroom, unless he's out now. He may be in the arcade, I'm not too sure."

I've only been Chandler Rigg's girlfriend for a day and a half and it seems like that's it. 

Brianna smiles at me. "Thanks. So how are you and Austin." Oh gosh she doesn't know. This is just making everything worse. 

"Uh, we're not together. He and Grace are, um can we go on out now? It's kinda weird catching up in a bathroom..." 

She nods. "Right. Haha sorry." 

Brianna pushes open the door and walks out with me behind her. Why didn't I tell her Chandler and I were together? 

Nat and Kaylin were standing outside near a bench with Chandler. Of course he had to look at the wrong moment. Brianna smiles and waves at him. He looks at me and then to Brianna. I stare down at the ground. 

We walk over to them. "Brianna, why are you here?" He asks, seeming dumbfounded. Brianna's smile falls. "Can we talk in private?" She asks seriously. Chandler looks at me and I nod. It was a nice day and a half while it lasted.

Kaylin grabs my wrist and pulls me away with Nat following. "Why the hell is she here?" 

I fight the urge to cry. Why do I want to cry? He's not broken up with me...yet. Yet. That one word that can destroy everything. 

"Grace." was the only thing I said. Kaylin looks up at Nat. "That bi-" I cut her off. "Don't call her that Kay, it's rude." 

She stares at me. "She called your boyfriend's ex girlfriend to come all the way here right after you two got together! That's not right. I mean she already has Austin, why does she want to ruin your happiness?" Kaylin let's out a frustrated sigh and pulls out her phone. She puts it to her ear. "Austin, can you get away from that leech for 5 minutes?" 

Nat places a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry Poppy Seed. If Chandler does get back with Brianna, he's a hoe." I don't smile. Kaylin smacks Nat's chest. "Not reassuring." He mutters a quick sorry and glances over to Brianna and Chandler. She grabbed his hand. My stomach turns even more. 

"By the way, Austin is on his way." Kaylin says. Nat nods. "Kaylin he's one of the last people I want to see right now." 

"Really?" Austin says and I close my eyes. How'd he get here so fast? 

I turn around to face him. "Sorry." 

"We're gonna go..." Nat says and pulls Kaylin away before either of us could respond.