Chapter Forty Seven

December 29

"What do y'all wanna ride first? Gosh I feel so weird saying 'y'all' here." Elliot says as we enter the park. Karson thought this was an actual berry farm. It was great.

"Let's just work our way around everything." Kaylin tells him and he nods. 

The first ride we decide to ride is the Ghostrider. Just the name itself sounds scary enough.

And of course it's a wooden rollercoaster. Something that still terrifies me. I grab Chandler's hand as we walk through the dim tunnel to get to the ride. I can sense that he's smiling.

"Kaylin, can I ride with Poppy on this one pleaseee?"

Kaylin stares at him a moment then nods. "Sure. I'll ride with Nat but the next one I'm riding with her." Chandler fake pouts but nods.

On the ride, Chandler and I get in the very middle. I frown at the workers. They don't have cool outfits. They're wearing purple t-shirts and khaki's. Lame.

The lap restraint comes down over us and the ride starts moments after. I hang onto the bar infront of us and try and hold my screams. The lift part seems to go on forever,then we start going down.

"I WANNA GO HOME." I yell, squeezing my eyes shut.

A couple minutes later and the ride comes to a stop but I don't reopen my eyes until we get off.

"That was the worst thing I've ever rode." I say out of breath.

"Guys lets ride the Silver Bullet next." Kaylin grins as we walk towards the line entrance.

I stare up at the thing. No way. It's another dangle ride. Well it's not exaclty dangling, there's a floor to it, but you're feet are still dangling. I think I'm gonna cry.

On the ride I kick my feet nervously as memories of Wild Eagle flash through my mind. Oh gosh.

"MY LIFE JUST FLASHED BEFORE MY EYES."

"I DON'T BELIEVE I CAN FLY ANYMORE."

The ride ends and we all get off. I place my hand over my beating heart. "I don't like this place." I say half serious half not. 

The next ride we decide to ride is a water ride. (Shh I know it's December. We're just gonna pretend you can ride water rides at this time in California) 

I'm a little scared because I have to be in the front. Kaylin's behind me. Chandler's behind her and Nat is behind him. 

Right now the ride is ascending up and then we'll be sent into a dark tunnel. In the tunnel it's actually kind of lit and it's basically of mechanical figures doing lumber work or whatever. Then we're sent into the water.

We pass by more anamtronic things that are singing and Kaylin yells.

"I AM OFFENDED. I AM A FULL BLOODED REDNECK RIGHT HERE. WHY IS THESE PEOPLE TRYIN' TO IMITATE REDNECKS." She says in her most southern accent. Which our accents are already pretty Southern but whatever.

The ride continues and then it feels as if it rained on us.

"AH I THINK I'M DROWNING." Nat yells. "NAT DON'T YELL THAT. THE RIDE PEOPLE MIGHT BELIEVE IT." Kaylin yells back at him.

"OH MY GOSH IT'S DARK I CAN'T SEE." Then the ride drops a little bit causing me to scream. "THIS IS SCARY. LIKE MORE SCARY THAN THAT WEIRD RIDE AT DISNEY WORLD WHERE THE GUY TAKES US ON THE TOUR THROUGH THE IMAGINATION." I scream.

"OH MY FREAKING GOSH IT'S A BEAR." Kaylin yells excitedly. Of course it's not a real bear but it's still a bear.

The ride comes to a stop and we get out. We're not as soaked as I thought we'd be.