Chapter Nineteen

***** SPOILERS FOR TWD *****

||Poppy's POV||

September 1st, 2016

Today's the day I go to Florida. A few weeks ago, Austin and I made plans to go to Universal Studios with him for his birthday tomorrow. So now I'm at the airport waiting for the airport people to call my flight. I'm actually really shocked my parents allowed me to go to Florida by myself. Well, they argued about it for hours but then they finally agreed to let me go as long as I stayed with Austin or at my hotel.

When they call my flight, I make my way onto the plane and get settled on it. I'm terrified to be honest. I much rather would be on a train right now, because it's September 1st and everything and that would be so cool because the Hogwarts Express, but Dad refused to buy me train tickets so I'm stuck on a plane. 

Kaylin comes home next week, and I'm only staying in Orlando till Tuesday and I'm really excited. It's the first time I've seen Austin since the bus station. 

The past month and a half, I've been talking with everyone more than ever since Elliot and Nathan are always busy together. I rarely talk to them now. Only whenever I'm at Dad's on the weekends and Nathan is there 99% of the time. 

My leg nervously shakes as I glance around the plane. I've never been on a plane and it's terrifying. We've been flying for 20 minutes but it's still terrifying. There's still at least 3 hours left until we land in Orlando. Ugh.

"Are you nervous?" A voice next to me asks. Oh great. How cliche would it be if it was someone famous going to the same place as me and then fell in love with me like in the fanfics? 

Luckily, when I turn to see the person, I don't recognize them. Which then again is kind of scary because they could be some psychopath trying to kidnap me. "Uh, yeah. It's my first time on a plane." I tell the person. Well, not really a person, more like a little girl who looks like she's 10, so I think the chances of being kidnapped are pretty slim.

"Don't worry. Planes aren't scary. They're actually really cool." She grins. "You travel on them a lot?" I ask and she nods. "Every year." Her parents must be divorced or something so she has to travel back and forth between homes. Awh.

"I'm Ella." She smiles holding her hand out for me to take. I smile at her. "Poppy." She nods. "I know who you are. You know Nat Wolff."

I laugh a little. "Yeah I do." 

I swear that's all anyone sees me as anymore. 'Hey you're Nat Wolff's friend.'

'you're the girl that went to the mountains with the cast and nat lost his phone.' 

It gets a little annoying to be honest.

After a few hours, the plane lands and I'm now searching the airport for Austin. I pull my phone out of my pocket, deciding to call him. Before I can dial the first number, hands are placed on my eyes causing me to scream a little. 

Laughing.

Austin walks around in front of me and smiles. "You scream like a girl." 

"Maybe because I am a girl." I grin. 

He throws his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. "I missed you." He says after we pull away. "I missed you too." 

I drag my suitcase behind me as I follow him to his car. "Please be a decent driver." I say quietly so he can hear me. He grins. "I am don't worry." 

"You must be starving." He says, turning the radio up. "Not really. I think I lost my appetite on the plane."

"Oh yeah, that was you're first time on a plane right?" I nod. 

He places one hand over his heart. "I'm touched you spent your first plane ride to come see me." "Oh yeah you should. There was a little girl next to me who was talking up a storm. I didn't sleep at all sadly." 

He laughs. "I know the feeling. It's a pain." 

-

"So, Poppy. How has the past few months been treating you?" Austin asks, plopping down on the couch in my hotel room. His is next door but we decided to order pizza and hang out in mine a little while. 

"Oh yeah, you know, lame." He nods. 

"Do you still have Bacon?" He asks referring to the stuffed pig that was currently on my bed back home. "Of course. It's back in Knoxville though." He grins. "Man I love that pig." 

I sit down next to him and grab a slice of pizza out of the box. 

"We should watch a movie." I grin, already thinking of the movie I want to watch.

"What movie?" 

My grin widens. "Jewtopia." 

His eyes widen. "No way." 

"Come on. Please it's the best."

"I'd much rather watch me be impaled by Michonne than me spasming out." Austin says trying to hide his laugh. 

"I cried during that episode. I'm still not over Ron's death to be honest." I shrug and Austin laughs. "Really?" 

"I WAS VERY EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED OKAY." 

He laughs. "Right. Yet, you know me in real life." 

"Shh." I place my finger over my lips. "Let me be in pain in peace." 

He rolls his eyes and my phone starts ringing. Kaylin wants to facetime. I answer it and her face pops up on the screen. 

"HOLY CRAP IT'S AUSTRALIA. LOOK NAT. LOOK." Kaylin screams, moving her phone to show a very close up image of Nat's eye. 

"OH MY GOSH AND POPPY SEED. YES. YOU GUYS ARE TOGETHER. OR NOT TOGETHER, BUT IN THE SAME ROOM. ARE YOU GUYS HAVING FUN?" He yells. 

"NAT." Austin starts. "YOU DON'T HAVE TO YELL. JUST BECAUSE WE'RE HALFWAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY, DOESN'T MEAN I CAN'T HEAR YOU."

Nat lowers his voice and sticks his tongue out at us. "You guys suck, ruining my fun. Ugh."

"Oh don't worry, he's already ruined my pain." I joke. Austin playfully rolls his eyes. "AUSTIN WHAT DID YOU DO TO OUR POOR POPPY SEED?" Nat yells again. "I just mentioned being impaled by Michonne." Kaylin throws her hand over her heart in offense. 

"How dare you." She squints her eyes at him through the phone screen. "You know how sensitive Poppy is about dead characters." 

"I'm sorry. Is there anyway I can make it up to you?" Austin asks, pushing out his bottom lip. 

"Marry Poppy." Kaylin says. I facepalm. "I-L-L-E-G-A-L." I spell out for her. "I CAN'T SPELL IT'S TOO BIG OF A WORD BYE." Kaylin yells before hanging up. I let out a groan and lay my phone on the arm of the couch.

"One of these days." I grumble. Austin laughs. "She's still got her heart set on 'us'." He says doing air quotes around the word us. 

For the rest of the night, or until 9 pm which is when Austin went home, we watched Paper Towns and Jewtopia and ate pizza. It was lovely.

--

A/N: I'M SORRY THIS IS A FILLER CHAPTER?? IG THAT'S THE RIGHT WORD TO USE?

BUT ANYWHO

I KNOW I LIED ABOUT CHANDLER BEING IN THIS CHAPTER

I THOUGHT HE WOULD BUT THEN I CHANGED MY MIND. HE'LL BE IN THE NEXT ONE FOR SURE.