Chapter Twenty Nine

****Possible trigger warning*****

October 11

"I'm so glad the pool's open." Sam says as Karson, Chandler, Grayson, Elliot, and I walk along the pool. We don't have any plans to get into it today but it's surprisingly hot so that may change. Right now, we're going to get on the North Star thing.

As we wait in line, I watch as the arm brings the capsule thing down and slowly moves it. "I think I'm going to be sick." I mumble. 

"Don't throw up on me." Karson says and I lightly smack his shoulder.

"Okay but what if that gets stuck?" Elliot points to the capsule that is starting to lower back onto the deck. A shiver runs down my spine. 

"Elliot, don't put those thoughts into poor Poppy's head. She's already been stuck on a ferris wheel once." Karson says placing his hands over my ears.

We're fixing to get on the ride and I feel my hands start to shake. I don't know why I'm so nervous I mean, it's just going like 100 feet up in the air above the ship and over the shark infested ocean, nothing too bad, right?

The six of us line up against the wall and hang onto the railing.

We're really high up but the view is really pretty.

The capsule starts to ascend up and and over until we're 300 feet above the ocean.

"Is this what the future feels like?" Sam asks, staring out onto the ocean.

"I think so." I reply.

I look out and notice the ship is going kind of fast. 

Two minutes later we're back on the deck and on our way to the bumper cars and roller skating rink. Sam's eyes light up as we walk into the bumper car area. 

Since it's two per cart, Karson and I get in one, Chandler and Grayson in another, and Elliot and Sam in one.

Karson wanted to drive so I get in the 'passenger's seat' and he grins wildly. "Hang on there Pops, you're in for a ride."

I look at him in horror and tighten the belt restraint across my lap. I've never trusted Karson behind any wheel. 

The ride worker presses the button and the cars start moving. Karson drives straight forward into a wall instantly getting us cornered by a mother and her daughter. Karson struggles to get the cart unstuck but it doesn't work. The woman and her daughter drive the opposite direction, freeing us. Karson turns the cart and crashes into Chandler and Grayson. I turn my head and see Sam heading straight towards the two carts with a devilish grin on his face. 

Why would Elliot let him be the driver?

Karson doesn't have time to move the car before Sam and Elliot crash into us, causing me to bump into Karson's shoulder. 

Chandler and Grayson managed to make it out before Sam could get to them so Sam started driving towards their car. Karson was too busy laughing to move. 

The mother and her daughter drive into the back of the car sending us forward. Once again we're surrounded by cars all jammed together. Lovely. 

By the time Karson and I got unstuck, the ride was over. I undo our restraints and get out and head to the exit, almost tripping in the process.

"That was fun." Sam grins and places his hand on my shoulder. "How many brain cells do you think you lost?" 

"All of them." I laugh.