Chapter Forty Nine

December 31

"I AIN'T DOING THIS. I'M GOING BACK HOME." Kaylin yells over the crowd of people. Right now we're standing with Nat, Chandler, Karson, and Grayson while waiting in line for a ride at Disney. We got here early and it's still crowded. 

Kaylin goes to walk away but Nat grabs her arm. "Nope." She groans. "The New Years fireworks don't start for another 14 hours and this line isn't getting any shorter." Then we move up a couple feet causing Nat to laugh.

We stand for a couple more minutes before it's our turn to get on the ride. 

I've been a little worried about Chandler. He's been on his phone constantly since we left the pool yesterday. Kaylin thinks he's been talking to Brianna.

"oh my gosh what if we flew off the ride and into the water?" Kaylin asks as we shoot through the first tunnel." I squeeze the handlebars and my eyes shut.

We go up the steep slope to go up the second tube and the ride starts to slow down and make weird noises.

It stops for a second. "I DON'T THINK IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE STOPPED." Kaylin screams as we sit there for 5 seconds. Then it starts hurtling downwards.

"Walt Disney has it out for us I swear." Nat says after we're back on the ground. "I mean, we got stuck on the Tower of Terror and almost got stuck on the California Screamin ride." He says. I shudder. 

"Okay so, we just got off the California Screamin thing and almost got stuck." I say into the camera. Kaylin and like all of my other viewers wanted me to vlog today. Kaylin's vlogging too but still.

"IT WAS PRETTY HECTIC." Kaylin says into her own camera.

"There's so many people here." I mumble. 

"POPS GRAB MY HAND SO WE DON'T GET LOST. LEAVE THE BOYS THEY CAN FEND FOR THEMSELVES." Kaylin loops her arm with mine leaving my brother, Chandler, Nat, and Grayson to trail behind us. Elliot is with Austin and Alex doing whatever they're doing.

"Okay so, now we're in line for the Golden Zephyr." Kaylin says to oth cameras. The guys are behind us. 

"This reminds me of that ride I saw on one of those roller coaster videos where the rocket like flew off into a tree."

We ride that ride and luckily don't fly off into any trees.

The next ride we decide to ride is jumping jellyfish. For this one I decide to ride with Karson.

"The voice on this ride is so weird." Karson laughs as we get buckled in. I nod. The ride starts and we're lifted into the air and dropped a little. Then it goes back up while twisting and drops a little again. "This ride is so weird." I laugh.

The ride lasts a minute and Karson and I started laughing 10 seconds in. By the time we're off we are still laughing. 

Next we ride Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Radiator Springs Racers, and Mickey's Fun Wheel. None of which I rode with Chandler. Karson also believes that he's texting Brianna now. We've barely spoken so I'm pretending like it doesn't bother me.

The ride we're in line for now is the Alice and Wonderland one.

"Chandler, why don't you ride this one with Poppy?" Nat suggests. Chandler looks up from his phone and at me. "Yeah sure."

I get in the cart first followed by Chandler.

As we go through the tunnel to go to 'Wonderland' we sit in silence. I can't help a small smile playing on my face. I always loved the whole concept of Wonderland and everything. Probably more than I liked Neverland.

"This is cool." I grin.

"Mhm." Chandler says. I look over and see him on his phone, careful to not drop it. I frown a little and look away.

We pass by the Red Queen waving her arms and I lean back in my seat some more. Chandler shoves his phone back in his pocket and grabs the handle restraint thing.

"Pops, you okay?" He asks as the ride starts to come to an end. I nod. "I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be?" He shrugs. "You just don't look as happy." I force a smile. Not like my boyfriend is texting his ex girlfriend while I'm right next to him. "I'm okay."

We get off the ride and Kaylin looks at me. "He was on his phone the whole time wasn't he?" I nod and walk after Nat and My brother who are walking towards the Thunder Mountain railroad thing. 

Kaylin turns around and glares at Chandler who is talking to Grayson. "You're upset about it. This is what I was worried about." She shakes her head. 

For the rest of the day we ride rides and roam around the park doing dumb things, mainly Nat's doing the dumb things but whatever. Chandler rode a couple other rides with me but he didn't seem as amused.

Now it's about 11:55 at night and I'm standing with Kaylin, Nat, Grayson, Karson, Alex, Elliot, and Austin. Chandler said he had to go to the bathroom so I'm assuming that's where he is. The line is really long. Once again Kaylin and Karson are convinced he's with Brianna.

A bunch of characters and an announcer is up on the stage dancing to the music that's playing. I was kind of hoping Chandler will make it back in time for midnight because of all those superstitions where whoever you're with at new years, you'll be with them all year. Austin is here with us and I'm not sure how to feel about that.

4 and a half minutes pass. Chandler still hasn't shown up. The countdown has started. He's still not here. The clock strikes midnight and I let out a sigh as the fireworks erupt in the air. Nat and Kaylin pull away from their kiss and I stand there awkwardly next to Austin.

"Happy new years." I grumble but I know he heard me. "Happy new year's to you too." 

By now my feet hurt, I have a headache, and I want to go back to Tennessee. It's 3 minutes past midnight and Chandler shows back up. He hands me a hot chocolate. "Poppy I'm so sorry-"

"No, it's okay." I tell him, taking the hot chocolate. 

He kisses my cheek. I smile at him. "Happy new year's." He whispers with a smile.

"Happy new year's to you too."

--

A/N: i have bad ideas for this stories oh my gosh. 

the next couple of chapters will be kind of short but don't worry because the last couple will hopefully be longer? 

OKAY BYE LOVE YALL