Chapter Forty

October 24

Disneyland Day 2

Of course the first ride we had to go on when we got here had to be the Tower Of Terror. It put two of my fears in one. Elevators and really high heights and then the possible hauntings but that's another thing. 

As we start to ascend up the elevator ride, I squeeze Chandler and Kaylin's hand as tight as possible probably making them regret making me go on this ride.

"This is so creepy." Kaylin grins. Each floor is creepier than the last and the overhead voice telling the story doesn't help any.

At the very top of the ride we can look out and see over all of Disney. We sit there for a minute and I start to think we're not going down, but I'm so wrong. We drop and then catch. We do that a couple more times before there's an actual stop.

Lights come on signalling we're not supposed to be on this floor. "WE'RE STUCK." Someone on the first row yells. A little kid screams. "IT'S THE GHOST OF WALT DISNEY." I hear Nat scream. We're actually stuck, in an elevator ride that's supposed to be frightening.

I squeeze Chandler's hand tighter. "It's literally all Poppy's fears mixed into one." Kaylin says looking around. The overhead announcer tells us to remain calm and stay seated.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M STUCK ON A RIDE WITH CARA DELEVINGNE AND CHANDLER RIGGS." Someone yells holding their phone up, probably making a vine of all of us in the back row. Everyone waves even me despite our current situation.

"KAYLIN HOLD ME I'M SCARED." Nat jokes, throwing his arm around Kaylin. She laughs.

10 minutes of panicking and Kaylin laughing at it, a short, stocky, and balding man walks out of some door followed by a couple other people.

"Alright, the ride's not broken, but we are gonna evacuate all of you. So if you'll please single file exit throughout this door." The man says in a dull voice motioning to the door he just came out of. If it's not broken then why are we stopped?

All at once everyone stands up and exits off the ride. Chandler doesn't let go of my hand the whole way down the stairs. We were almost at the very top so there was a lot of them. Sigh.

Back on the ground, Kaylin continues laughing. If I didn't know any better I'd think she bribed them to stop the ride on purpose.

Since that was the only ride in Hollywood Studios any of us really wanted to ride, we're going to go to back to Magic Kingdom and maybe ride some rides in Epcot, then tomorrow we're going to do something, not sure what though. 

We make our way to the Animal Kingdom part. Apparently we're going to ride a water ride.

As we walk we pass various characters from Disney Films which Nat made everyone take pictures with because he wanted memories or something.

In the building that we have to walk through to get in the ride it's kind of chilly so of course Chandler stands closer to me and with my luck Austin and Grace were standing there.

"These boat raft things remind me of Dollywood." I mumble. Chandler smiles. "We gotta go there. I've not been in so long." I look up at him and nod. "That we do."

Since It's eight per boat Kaylin, Nat, Chandler, Karson, Grayson, Me, Austin, and Grace. The others were disappointed that they couldn't ride with us and we were too. Mainly because Grace but whatever.

I sit next to Chandler and then on the set of seats next to me Austin and Grace sit, with Austin sitting closest to me. Chandler looks over at notices where Austin is so he grabs my hand and holds it in his lap.