Chapter Twenty Two

September 13, 2016

"YOU READY TO GET PUMPED UP?" Kaylin yells driving the car onto the interstate. I reach up and grab the thing in the top of the car, I guess you're supposed to hang clothes on it, I don't really know. 

"KAYLIN KEEP BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL." I yell back. She grins. 

We're on our way to Nashville for the concert. I'm terrified. Mainly because Kaylin is driving, and she rarely drives the car on the interstate. 

"Don't worry dear child." She says calmly, keeping her eyes fixed on the road. I grab the aux cord since nothing decent was playing on the radio. Kaylin hands me her phone and I plug it into the car.  

We spend about 15 minutes on the interstate listening to whatever comes on Pandora, until Kaylin throws her hands up and screaming. "I FORGOT." My heart jumps in my chest.

She slaps her hands back down on the wheel, getting it back into the correct lane since it was slowly starting to go in the other one. 

"What did you forget?" I ask, trying to calm my racing heart. 

"Today is Niall Horan and Robbie Kay's birthday. I forgot to wish them happy birthday on Twitter." She says pouting. I laugh. 

"It may be their birthday, but it's also the guy who founded Hershey's Chocolate birthday." I grin, looking at the list of birthdays on Famous Birthdays.

She throws one hand over her heart. "Well, happy birthday to him. May his day be filled with chocolate kisses." 

"Kay, he died in 1945." 

Kaylin's smile falls. "Well. You see, this is why I'm failing Math." 

I go to say something but decide against it. Instead, I tell her she's been hanging around Nat too much. Jokingly of course though.

Two and a half hours later, we arrive at our hotel. 

Kaylin and I trudge our overnight bags up the stairs to get to our room. We still have like an hour before we have to go to the concert. 

The hotel has two beds so Kaylin jumps onto one and says she's claimed it. Even though I'm pretty sure they're the same, I take the other one. 

"I still can't believe you hung out with Chandler Riggs." Kaylin says, raising up off her bed and looking over at me. 

I laugh. "It was pretty interesting." 

More silence. I scroll through Instagram on my phone liking random photos that interest me. 

"I want to name my kids after the months of the year." Kaylin says out of nowhere. I glance over at her. "So you want twelve kids?" I ask. 

She scoffs. "No. But, like some of the months would make great names yano. But not May, April, or June, those are too common. I mean like, January and February, September. Names like that." 

I glance over at the clock and get up off the bed, making my way over to the mirror to fix my hair. 

"Those names are interesting." I tell her. She stands next to me, doing a quick check and then shoving her phone in her pocket. 

When we arrive to the venue, there are fans lined up and screaming already. We got into the Meet and Greet line and waited for like 30 minutes. 

"How creepy would it be if I asked Connor to sign my boob?" One of the girls in front of us asked the girl next to her.

"Depends on if you become a groupie." The other girl shrugs.

Kaylin turns to me, covering her mouth and trying to hide her laughter.

When it's our turn to get our autographs and stuff, I place my picture of them down on the table as does Kaylin. 

"Oi, you're those girls from Dollywood, right?" James asks, looking up at us with a smile. Kaylin starts to turn red. "They know who we are." She whispers to me, but they still heard us. 

"Uh yeah. We are." 

"Cool. We're big fans of John Green's books and movies, and you two know the cast which is cool too." Tristan says. 

"You have a beautiful face." Kaylin blurts as soon as she's in front of Brad. I mentally face palm.

"Thanks so do you." 

Kaylin turns red and giggles.

After we're done with that, Kaylin starts squealing. "They know who we are and Bradley said I had a nice face." She says flailing her arms around

We make our way to our seats and Kaylin's still grinning. "This is so cool." 

I laugh. "Better hope Nat doesn't get jealous." I tell her and she rolls her eyes and gently smacks my shoulder. "He probably will actually." 

-

After the concert is over and  we get back to the hotel I plop down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. This has been some adventure. Kaylin towers over my bed. 

"Poppy, can I tell you something?" she asks, all seriousness in her voice. I nod and raise up. "Of course." 

Kaylin sits on the edge of my bed and avoids my gaze. "I went to another uh audition while I was in LA... the producers called me yesterday,  I got the part." I stare at her. "Kaylin, that's amazing!" I tell her, trying to sound happy. I mean, of course I'm happy, but I'm a little upset that she's going to be going away more. Kaylin forces a smile onto her face. "Yeah, but filming will take longer than my previous movie. I'm sorry." 

I shake my head. "No don't be sorry. I'm proud of you, you're living your dream. You have real talent, I want you to use it. Besides, as soon as you get back home, we can go do whatever it is we used to do." I tell her and she nods. "Exactly. Nothing's going to change." I nod. 

"Well, we better be getting some sleep. Gotta get home tomorrow." I tell her and she nods, going back over to her bed. I plug my phone into the charger and turn off my lamp. 

My best friend is leaving again, and I'm going to be left alone in Knoxville. Again. 

Great.

--

A/N: On the last couple of chapters, it screwed up when publishing. Lovely. So, if the chapters are out of order I'm sorry. I guess I forgot to publish chapter nineteen and then published twenty too late. Oh well I guess?

BUT SRSLY IF THEY'RE SCREWED UP PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Also 

thaNK YOU ALL FOR 1K READS I DIDN'T THINK WE'D GET PAST 1 READ. ILY.