“You promise” She asked quietly I smiled

“Yup, I pinky promise” I said holding out my pinky she entwined hers with mine and smiled.

I could tell she was worried about what others would think of her and who would defend her. We finally made it down stairs where everyone was waiting. She grabbed her bags and we walked out the door, her brother put them in the trunk of the car  while my mother talked to her parents most likely saying their last goodbyes.

(Jessica POV)
I didn’t want to leave.

Brook was my backbone and my best friend she defended me when I needed help.

Yes I was shy and awkward, I couldn’t stick up for my self and I was always bullied, but Brook was always there to help me up or fight them off for me. I didn’t want to leave. Who would defend me now from the bullies? Who would be there for me when I was down or needed someone to talk to?

Over the summer all we talked about was beginning our freshmen year together. We were so excited, until my parents told me that we were moving to New York at the end of the summer a week before school starts.

The first thing I did was run over to Brooks house. I told her the bad news we were crying for what felt like hours, before we finally settled down. She told me that everything would be alright. even though I knew it wouldn’t. I was going to be alone now, with out her I had no one.

“Jessica honey its time to go” My mother said as her my father and brother got in the car. I turned to Brook and she gave me a soft smile. I could see the tears forming in her eyes just like mines we gave each other a quick hug.

“I’ll call you every day ok” She said I nodded she gave me another hug before we pulled back again.

“Bye Brook” I said getting into the car she said bye and we pulled off. I turned and looked behind me seeing Brook wave I waved until I couldn’t see her anymore.

I’m leaving behind my old life to start at a new foreign place.

(Jesse aka Jessica  POV 3 years later)

3 years has past and a lot has changed since I last been here.

I’m standing in front of my old house holding a box, my parents had to move back here for business they're currently inside with our new additions to our family, my twin brother and sister. They gave birth to them last year, they are exactly 10 months old and they just started walking well kind of walking they just kind of grab into stuff and hold themselves up and move sometimes.

Anyways my older brother is also in the house he starts his first year in college next month since he had transfer from the college he was at to a college here .

Then there is me. I have changed a lot since I last came here. My freshmen year in high school was awesome. I finally had my growth spurt so I am no longer the 5 foot 2 girl I used to be, I’m now currently 6 ft, I know I grew a lo,t but it was bound to happen since both my mother and father are over 6 ft. tall, well my father was my mom was only 5’11.